PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

Here are the responses from today. They will be sending a new phone. I would really be interested what has been fixed or if its totally BS. New phone is OK w/ me.

Dear Froader,

Thank you for your reply. My name is Dennis. I attempted to contact you to resolve this issue, but I was only able to leave a voicemail. Please reply to this email with a physical address. I will send a new device to you. We will need the original device sent back within 10 calendar days. I have notated the account to have your reply email sent directly to me or to make it easier, please send a new email to me directly at dennis.park2@verizonwireless.com. I will process the order first thing in the morning once I receive your email with the physical shipping address.

Thank you for your time and patience as we resolve this issue. We appreciate your loyalty and business here at Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,
Dennis
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless Customer, This response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu Nov 19 12:51:34 MST 2009
To: wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com
Cc:
Subject: RE: Other (WFM49792367)

As I stated earlier. I request to have a brand new replacement.
There is a stated defect with this device that I have purchased new. Due to the fact that this phone was sold with this defect. The reason that this is out of my control should not subject me to a used refurbished phone.
Please understand and provide me a new phone that doesn't have this stated defect. Please do not penalize me by sending a refurbished device when this situation is not my fault nor in my control.
-----------------------------
From: wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com [mailto:wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:29 AM
To: Froader
Dear Froader,
My name is Bill, and I thank you for your inquiry regarding a replacement phone. The phone we would be sending you is a refurbished model. Your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless will provide you with a certified like-new wireless phone identical to the one you have in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas.
Certified like-new wireless phones pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements. Since these devices have the latest software version, they often perform better than the device currently being used.
If you would like to take advantage of this program locally, please visit a Verizon Wireless store near you. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link that will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:
www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator<http://www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator>
For your convenience I have provided the store location nearest to the address on your account:
----------------------------
Froader, I apologize for any inconvenience this phone issue has caused you. I also want you to know that we appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions, please reply to this e-mail.
Sincerely,
Bill
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all its copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound

mgdking is becoming a great contributor

Well I emailed earlier today and just now they called but I missed it. So they left me an email. When I emailed them all I did was copy and paste the exact same thing you did froader. I hope you dont mind? Anyways here is the email.

Dear mgdking,

Good evening, I am sorry to learn you have experienced and issue with your wireless device since you purchased it. My name is Norbert and I welcome the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your wireless device. I attempted to contact you directly in order to address your equipment concerns but I was unsuccessful. I left a message to confirm my call.

The issue you have described may need to be duplicated with a live representative, as troubleshooting equipment via E-mail is extremely difficult.

Please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204 from a landline phone to speak with a representative who will walk you through step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot the issue. Please have your wireless phone fully charged and available when you call.

Thank you again for your email and the opportunity to address your equipment concerns. I hope you continue to find the “Contact Us” section of verizonwireless.com a helpful option to resolve any issue you may experience the first time you email us. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer.

Sincerely,

Norbert
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! Maybe I will try and email the guy your dealing with froader. Then maybe I wont get this run around!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Here is the last reply. I replied asking what exactly had been fixed, updated, etc. to fix the problem.

Dear ------------- ,

I know you were working with Dennis before, but he is not here and I wanted to get this new phone out to you as soon as possible, so I sent it myself. My name is Nikkie, it is my personal goal to deliver world class service to you. Thank you for taking the time to email me here at Verizon Wireless Customer Service.

I have read your previous communications with us, and I am sorry that you have had to go through so much. I know that this new phone will serve you much better. It looks like Dennis already covered all the important information, so I'll just tell you what you need to know:

I sent you a new HTC Touch Pro 2, which has the necessary upgrade and corrections to resolve the connection issue already installed. We ran out of the usual replacement units, so I sent you a brand new one. You should be able to simply synch your information and enjoy the phone. Instructions to activate it are in the box. Please keep the box for a couple weeks, at least, to make sure everything is good with this new phone. Because the phone is new, you will get a new battery, charger and manual, which you may keep as spares if you like. Any parts that you don't want to keep, please donate them to charity in one of our stores, to help victims of abuse through HopeLine. We have drop-boxes in all of our stores for this.

You should get the new phone by Monday, and possibly by tomorrow.

----------, thank you for emailing me today, I hope that this new phone will mark the end of the connection issues for you, and the start of a properly functioning phone for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply to this email, and I will be delighted to assist you further. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless for all your wireless needs.

Sincerely,

Nikkie
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Last edited by froader; 11-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

When the new phone comes, look to see if it has an updated radio. Also, those that are having the issue, what is your radio version?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

I'm on the 1.88 radio version. I don't think it's a firmware update, otherwise they would have you update it and not be sending a new device. I think this is a HARDWARE issue at this point. Maybe faulty radio.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruyn View Post
I'm on the 1.88 radio version. I don't think it's a firmware update, otherwise they would have you update it and not be sending a new device. I think this is a HARDWARE issue at this point. Maybe faulty radio.
I don't see how they could just update the hardware in the phone with something new without FCC approval, unless it's a new hardware revision and wouldn't need approval again. I still feel like it's a radio update, possibly one they're going to send out with a 6.5 update?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ahearn is a n00b

I have sent two photos to Dennis, one when my phone was in 3G mode and the other when it was stuck in 1X mode from the same location in my home. Notice the huge difference in signal strength. If there is anyone on the forum that can interpret the data, please let us know what it might mean.

The data was obtained by dialing ##33284 on my Imagio.

--------
Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon w/ BigCo0ie 23563 ROM

crsa3000 is a n00b

Wow, It's funny how VZW can have such communication issues internally. Here's my reply from them stating it's a software issue and to just wait or get a refurbished phone and basically have no guarantee that the issue will be resolved. I replied stating that the refurbished unit will be unacceptable and that I would only feel confident with a new phone being shipped. We'll see what they say....waiting....

I apologize for that issues that you are experiencing with your signal flipping between EVDO and 1X coverage. My name is Jeremiah and I attempted to call you to discuss this issue but was unable to reach you. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a resolution. A software update should be released to resolve this issue; however, we do not have an exact date when it will be released.

We do have the option to replace your phone but we can not guarantee that this will resolve the issue you are experiencing. Your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless will provide you with a certified like-new wireless phone identical to the one you have in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas. If you would like to replace your HTC Touch Pro2, please reply to this e-mail with a shipping address and contact phone number. Once this information is received, we will process your replacement order.

Christopher, I apologize for any inconvenience that this signal issue has caused you. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

sounds like they dont know what the F they are talking about. im gonna bet the phone that miles has is gonna be the same phone with no radio update or anything.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
sounds like they dont know what the F they are talking about. im gonna bet the phone that miles has is gonna be the same phone with no radio update or anything.
I am very suspicious myself. The last reply was very general when asking what the HELL was fixed. I will try to be positive, hoping that the new phone will magically be fixed. I will definitely post the results.

Dear froader,

I appreciate your interest in learning more about the software update for the HTC TOUCH Pro 2 handset. My name is Jeriann and I am sorry to say that I have thoroughly reviewed our database and the manufacturer did not share the specifics of the changes or adjustments they made with the recent software update. I regret that I am not able to tell you what adjustments have been made.

froader, I hope that this handset will work out for you. Please let us know right away if you have any issues with your handset.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, froader. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Jeriann
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu Nov 19 15:57:35 PST 2009
To: wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com
Cc:

Thank you very much Nikkie!
I greatly appreciate your assistance in getting this out asap.
I am very curious to what the updates or changes are to alleviate this problem. Any information you can send will be great.
Thanks,
---------------------------------

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2