PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Verizon Mobile Broadband Connect (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95777)

ecatapano 11-10-2009 01:36 PM

Verizon Mobile Broadband Connect

So I flashed my TP2 with the Mighty ROM about a week ago and ive been able to tether just fine untill today. When I hook my phone up with the USB cable and open a browers im getting the webpage https://dunsp.vzw.com/selfProvisioni...sioningServlet not sure if Verizon knows now weather your tethering or not but does anyone have an ideas on this?

eldersoul 11-14-2009 03:18 PM

Re: Verizon Mobile Broadband Connect

im having this same issue and i really need to tether right now (on the road). No one else is having this problem? wifi router doesnt work either. Please help.

cbreze 11-14-2009 03:21 PM

Sounds like their cracking down on the loopholes, no?
Hope they don't catch on to pdanet.

mikejones13 11-14-2009 03:23 PM

Don't have VZW, but holy crap $20.48 a MB??!!! WOW,

In the Bermuda, China, Dominican Republic, Guam, India, Israel, Saipan, and South Korea Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.02 per KB or $20.48 per MB.

ca2l3vin 11-14-2009 06:08 PM

Ummm....if you guys havent already figured it out thats just a proxy setting that can be changed in the epst programming menu on the phone...

##778
choose edit
type 000000
once up choose View Info (left SoftKey)
Choose MIP Default
3rd Line down change "(Phonenumber)@dun.vzw3g.com" to "(Phonenumber)@vzw3g.com"
tap menu (right SoftKey)
tap ok
choose yes to reset
Done.

hmmm...I hope im not breaking any rules by typing this but this has been around since.......the htc 6700/Apache and ive been doing that fix every since... if you like to tether however would always advise paying for service since your still using the network and one day they REALLY may find a way to prevent the connections from happening.

redlegend 11-14-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ca2l3vin (Post 1329227)
Ummm....if you guys havent already figured it out thats just a proxy setting that can be changed in the epst programming menu on the phone...

##778
choose edit
type 000000
Choose MIP Default
tap menu (right SoftKey)
tap ok
choose yes to reset
Done.

hmmm...I hope im not breaking any rules by typing this but this has been around since.......the htc 6700/Apache and ive been doing that fix every since... if you like to tether however would always advise paying for service since your still using the network and one day they REALLY may find a way to prevent the connections from happening.

Did you have to make that change with the stock ROM? Mine was already set that way. thx

ca2l3vin 11-14-2009 07:41 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

No it wasnt on stock now that I think about it. Just thought it was a mistake. Hmmmmm maybe Verizon messed up with the stock ROM and didnt put it in like all the others pda devices...ill need to check on it when I get in the office

eldersoul 11-14-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ca2l3vin (Post 1329227)

##778
choose edit
type 000000
Choose MIP Default
tap menu (right SoftKey)
tap ok
choose yes to reset
Done.

Worked great!!!!!!! I can internet it up in my hotel again!!! =D>

jmorton10 11-14-2009 08:55 PM

I'm on VZ & WMwifirouter is working fine for me (I'm using it right now)

~John

mikenerd 11-16-2009 12:32 AM

I have been tethering with just the ICS fix cab and have never had any problems. I just checked my EPST settings and it still says "(Phonenumber)@dun.vzw3g.com". What does the "dun" part mean? Does removing it change how VZN sees my data usage? Im worried now...