PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [BOUNTY] To whoever can find a fix for this...

Happens to me too. I use gmail. I just flashed a new ROM, so I'll pay more attention to when exactly it starts happening this time.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

have any of you ever installed seven pushmail? it has been know to cause funny issues similar to this due to it's phantom sms control.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVIL

SundayDuffer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
have any of you ever installed seven pushmail? it has been know to cause funny issues similar to this due to it's phantom sms control.
I did use Seven for a day...no funny issues...just didnt do anything for me, waste of memories..so i uninstalled it.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:55 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

happens to me only when i have a sms message faile and i get the pop up. i click ok, the message is SUPPOSED to load, but doesnt. i just click close and i open the message and resend. but on emails. i have NEVER EVER seen this and i install quite a bit of apps, and registry edits.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I know the problem is related to the messaging app which is (tmail.exe). The program should always run in the background but for some reason, when there is mail to be downloaded, the Messaging window comes into the foreground and is blank as shown in the picture in the first post. This does not happen on my stock TP2 Sprint rom which I know is WM 6.1, however the messaging apps are essentially the same and perform the same functions (e.g. no different features)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well i get a white screen after a soft reset.. other than that nothing

it goes back to normal and it doesnt do it again

Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro --> Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

saidin69 is keeping up the good worksaidin69 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to saidin69 Send a message via MSN to saidin69

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
happens to me too. Im using windows live to push my live email. I bet that is the problem

this has also happened to me on almost every rom since the tp1, so im betting its the windows live
I have Push Email with Exchange running, and I have Gmail checking every 5 minutes with Pop right now and never seen that.

I have also had push with Gmail and Hotmail and never seen that on My Touch Pro 1 or 2. For the Most part I have had Energy Rom and on my TP2 right now I have the Energy Leo.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Like what apristel said, it might be something that you might have installed. I've been running 6.5 and 6.5.1 on my TP2 and I haven't noticed any phantom message boxes at all (I got phone to check three mail accounts every 2 hours). Try disabling the message on screen popup, perhaps that's what's causing it? You could also try hard resetting and pulling out the battery for a minute or two after hard resetting.

Also, did this ever happen to you in 6.1?

He clearly stated that he installed nothing but the ROM. Also, I have had the same issue occasionally.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: power pc? um my ps3 uses that.
Carrier: sprint - HTCTP2

nntb is a n00b

try mightyrom.com there latest mighty rom or whatever seems really stable and i have not seen any popups on it.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

ariesq is a n00b

I'm using MightyRom and get the same blank messaging screen pop-up.

It has appeared 3 times in the last hour while browsing in Opera.

I have hotmail and gmail accounts on my TP2. I'm going to try a few things, will report back if I find a fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2