PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

mjd9ball is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan?...

I have the opportunity to use my wife's upgrade to get a droid - don't yell yet, I'm not bailing on my TP2. As a gadget freak I really want to be able to take a shot with the droid. But I don't want to get another line or plan. I know I can activate phones on VZW myself but don't know if there's a limit to how many times I can do that, if I want to go back to the TP2 full time, switch it to my wife's line, etc... Those of you who have more than one phone on VZW, how do you do it? What's the best way?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan

I swap phones all the time on VZ, they don't care.

I just do the online ESN switch.

~John
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan

i believe u do it all online, so just go online and sign into your web account and look for it. im on sprint, but i heard it's pretty much the same (only verizon is easier). and i believe you can do it as many times as you want without cost... i've been siwtching back and forth between a couple phones recently and haven't had probs. before it was a much harder process, but now that everything is automated online, it's almost like switching sim cards (well, as close to it as possible without actually having swappable cards).
Old 11-10-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVIL
Carrier: Sprint

SundayDuffer is just getting started

Im on Sprint also... they dont care how often you swap phones. It takes minutes to swap also. Have fun.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

mjd9ball is a n00b

Thanks for the feedback. I thought as much but since I hadn't swapped much in the past I wanted to make sure there wasn't some nice VZW fee or penalty waiting for me...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On Sprint, how about switching between a Windows Mobile/Android device and a Palm Pre or Blackberry?

I have never had problems switching between Windows Mobile and other standard devices, but doesn't the BB require special provisioning and therefore requiring a "call in" rather than online switching?

How about the Pre?

Thanks.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

if you are on an everything plan it comes with the bb package so you dont have to worry about adding and not adding it
Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
if you are on an everything plan it comes with the bb package so you dont have to worry about adding and not adding it
I know it's possible with an Everything plan, but is it easily doable to switch between BB and non-BB online? As I understand it, Sprint has to activate/deactivate the BB service/profile as you switch, and this is not automatic.

This begs the question--what happens to the BB account when you switch away? What if you switch back later? Will you get a new account?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post

I have never had problems switching between Windows Mobile and other standard devices, but doesn't the BB require special provisioning and therefore requiring a "call in" rather than online switching.

Thanks.
This is my understanding as well. A co-worker had tried this when his lost his TP and still had his BB laying around.

Maybe because the PIN needs be activated on the RIM network as well?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I'm pretty sure, to swap the two phones like you want to do, you will also need a 3rd phone to use as a place holder temporarily for one of the lines. Otherwise, say you log in and put in your wifes ESN on your line, it will tell you the phone is already being used on another line.

Alltel / Verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2