PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan?... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95678)

mjd9ball 11-09-2009 11:11 PM

Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan?...

I have the opportunity to use my wife's upgrade to get a droid - don't yell yet, I'm not bailing on my TP2. As a gadget freak I really want to be able to take a shot with the droid. But I don't want to get another line or plan. I know I can activate phones on VZW myself but don't know if there's a limit to how many times I can do that, if I want to go back to the TP2 full time, switch it to my wife's line, etc... Those of you who have more than one phone on VZW, how do you do it? What's the best way?

jmorton10 11-09-2009 11:35 PM

Re: Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan

I swap phones all the time on VZ, they don't care.

I just do the online ESN switch.

~John

lipidfats 11-09-2009 11:38 PM

Re: Those with multiple phones - more than 1 line? Switch back and forth on same plan

i believe u do it all online, so just go online and sign into your web account and look for it. im on sprint, but i heard it's pretty much the same (only verizon is easier). and i believe you can do it as many times as you want without cost... i've been siwtching back and forth between a couple phones recently and haven't had probs. before it was a much harder process, but now that everything is automated online, it's almost like switching sim cards (well, as close to it as possible without actually having swappable cards).

SundayDuffer 11-10-2009 02:06 AM

Im on Sprint also... they dont care how often you swap phones. It takes minutes to swap also. Have fun.

mjd9ball 11-10-2009 08:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I thought as much but since I hadn't swapped much in the past I wanted to make sure there wasn't some nice VZW fee or penalty waiting for me...

snovvman 11-10-2009 10:05 AM

On Sprint, how about switching between a Windows Mobile/Android device and a Palm Pre or Blackberry?

I have never had problems switching between Windows Mobile and other standard devices, but doesn't the BB require special provisioning and therefore requiring a "call in" rather than online switching?

How about the Pre?

Thanks.

IFMISM 11-10-2009 10:44 AM

if you are on an everything plan it comes with the bb package so you dont have to worry about adding and not adding it

snovvman 11-10-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFMISM (Post 1315430)
if you are on an everything plan it comes with the bb package so you dont have to worry about adding and not adding it

I know it's possible with an Everything plan, but is it easily doable to switch between BB and non-BB online? As I understand it, Sprint has to activate/deactivate the BB service/profile as you switch, and this is not automatic.

This begs the question--what happens to the BB account when you switch away? What if you switch back later? Will you get a new account?

MadlyAlive 11-10-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 1315350)

I have never had problems switching between Windows Mobile and other standard devices, but doesn't the BB require special provisioning and therefore requiring a "call in" rather than online switching.

Thanks.

This is my understanding as well. A co-worker had tried this when his lost his TP and still had his BB laying around.

Maybe because the PIN needs be activated on the RIM network as well?

digi 11-17-2009 08:54 PM

I'm pretty sure, to swap the two phones like you want to do, you will also need a 3rd phone to use as a place holder temporarily for one of the lines. Otherwise, say you log in and put in your wifes ESN on your line, it will tell you the phone is already being used on another line.