PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Chinese Input (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95676)

JWA2 11-09-2009 10:56 PM

Chinese Input

I was wondering if someone out there could help me install chinese input on my TP2...the things ive seen out there are touchpal but not sure if this is for a touch/keyboard combo......i am completely new at doing things to my phone so please be patient and help....thank you

****UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE****

Chinese inputs will not work on US carriers as of yet, I did go back to BeiJing and using the installed .cabs below was able to SMS in chinese text and recieve text too. You can read all the chinese scripts you want with the .cabs below but can not type chinese though US carriers..ie- sprint, att, verizon, etc

danny6514 11-09-2009 11:49 PM

Re: Chinese Input

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWA2 (Post 1314282)
I was wondering if someone out there could help me install chinese input on my TP2...the things ive seen out there are touchpal but not sure if this is for a touch/keyboard combo......i am completely new at doing things to my phone so please be patient and help....thank you

If displaying chinese characters is your only need, then install "sunglobe.cab"
If you want chinese input, install BOTH "PlumSIP Pro VGA V6.1.0008.cab" and "uhei00m-gray.cab"
soft reset your device after installing.
hope it helps.

JWA2 11-10-2009 02:41 PM

Thanx will try and let you know if i get it to work. Again thanx for helping me out, im a newb boob to playing with with phones.

quietguy 11-10-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny6514 (Post 1314473)
If displaying chinese characters is your only need, then install "sunglobe.cab"
If you want chinese input, install BOTH "PlumSIP Pro VGA V6.1.0008.cab" and "uhei00m-gray.cab"
soft reset your device after installing.
hope it helps.

Questions, why do you need "uhei00m-gray.cab"?
and can anyone get chinese woking with vzw's sms?

Thanks

JWA2 11-10-2009 05:24 PM

ok...got it all installed on phone...now how to use it when writing an email??

danny6514 11-10-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietguy (Post 1316147)
Questions, why do you need "uhei00m-gray.cab"?
and can anyone get chinese woking with vzw's sms?

Thanks

"sunglobe.cab" and "uhei00m-gray.cab" are both fonts.
"PlumSIP Pro VGA V6.1.0008.cab" is the input.
From testing, either font will work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWA2 (Post 1316589)
ok...got it all installed on phone...now how to use it when writing an email??

if you installed correctly, you should have a SIP (keyboard) that's able to write chinese.
At your email composing page, you should see a clover looking icon near the bottom of your screen. Click on it and you will see a pinyin keypad appear.

lou2004 11-10-2009 06:45 PM

if you are on Sprint, uheim00m cab works the best. No conflicts on texting to other providers. I had tried CE-Star and Sunglobe, I couldnt text to Verizon and T-mobile users.

JWA2 11-11-2009 12:54 AM

Ok...i get it to work...only poblem is i have to do it with the touch screen...anyway to actually change it to the keyboard??

JWA2 11-11-2009 12:59 AM

also....i just emailed thru hotmail to my wife but when she get it on her end it is all question marks????? It looks fine go out but not when it is received

MakuSoto 11-11-2009 01:18 AM

Could someone upload the original WinCE.NLS file off their TP2? I need it because I had replaced mine with one that was back dated to an old way I use to read chinese on my TP2 but it seems that is no longer necessary and I do not want to hard reset just for that one file. Thank you.