PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Chinese Input

Thanks danny6514! Now I can send and receive emails in Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA2 View Post
also....i just emailed thru hotmail to my wife but when she get it on her end it is all question marks????? It looks fine go out but not when it is received
It works fine for me. Does your wife's computer have the right Chinese font installed?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

You can try this website. http://www.careace.net/2009/02/09/ch...samsung-omnia/

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 from Sprint
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

JWA2 is a n00b

Well i had CE on there as well....so after i uninstalled that...everything works just fine....thank you everyone for the help.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
also....i just emailed thru hotmail to my wife but when she get it on her end it is all question marks????? It looks fine go out but not when it is received
the problem should be on her end...
she needs to set her browser to read the characters.
firefox: view->character encoding->auto detect and choosing the appropriate one. its normally either simplified or traditional chinese
IE: right click anywhere -> Encoding -> Choose the appropriate one. If you're not sure, doesn't hurt to guess and check. (just remember what it was before)

Quote:
Well i had CE on there as well....so after i uninstalled that...everything works just fine....thank you everyone for the help.
Oh...now I see it, problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakuSoto View Post
Could someone upload the original WinCE.NLS file off their TP2? I need it because I had replaced mine with one that was back dated to an old way I use to read chinese on my TP2 but it seems that is no longer necessary and I do not want to hard reset just for that one file. Thank you.
attached.
wince.nls is a system protected file, so you won't see it unless you set your system to display protected system file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wince.zip (116.6 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by danny6514; 11-11-2009 at 03:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Anyone know how to get the Chinese keyboard from being the default softkeyboard after every softrest? I like the ability to use Chinese, but most of the time I need the "full qwerty softkeyboard for English.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Anyone know how to get the Chinese keyboard from being the default softkeyboard after every softrest? I like the ability to use Chinese, but most of the time I need the "full qwerty softkeyboard for English.
Settings > Personal > Input.
There, choose the keyboard you want as default.
Soft reset.
I'm not sure if it'll work 100%, give it a try
Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
Settings > Personal > Input.
There, choose the keyboard you want as default.
Soft reset.
I'm not sure if it'll work 100%, give it a try
Thanks, but that didn't work. It's not the end of the world though, because once I select the full qwerty keyboard it does stays until my next soft resent. But having to change my keyboard once every reset is well worth having the ability to send and receive sms and email in Chinese.

But if anyone else knows how to make the full qwerty keyboard the default keyboard after a soft resent please tell me. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks, but that didn't work. It's not the end of the world though, because once I select the full qwerty keyboard it does stays until my next soft resent. But having to change my keyboard once every reset is well worth having the ability to send and receive sms and email in Chinese.

But if anyone else knows how to make the full qwerty keyboard the default keyboard after a soft resent please tell me. Thanks!
Try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=271008

Last edited by danny6514; 11-11-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

I figured out a different more simple solution on my own, probably my fault for not thinking of this earlier. I looked in the windows/startup folder, and there was a shortcut to "plumstart6", I just deleted the shortcut and now the full qwerty keyboard shows up by default again, but I can still select/use the pinyin keyboard if I want.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

huangfch is a n00b

I tried that before, but the problem is that you would not be able to use hard keyboard to input Chinese after you delete the startup file.

Quote:
I figured out a different more simple solution on my own, probably my fault for not thinking of this earlier. I looked in the windows/startup folder, and there was a shortcut to "plumstart6", I just deleted the shortcut and now the full qwerty keyboard shows up by default again, but I can still select/use the pinyin keyboard if I want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2