PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jalan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will not connect to PC anymore

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. It has connected to both ActiveSync and WMDC in the past on an XP machine and a Vista machine.

Now, however, when I connect it to the computer (Vista 32-bit) with WMDC with a USB cable, I get nothing but the charging indicator.

I am no longer prompted whether I want to connect using ActiveSync or as drive access. (I've confirmed that the setting is set to ask me my preference on that). I have also confirmed that the connections setting to connect via USB to the PC is checked.

When I disconnect the USB cable, the charge light goes away. When I connect it again, the charge light comes back. I have tested 4 different USB cables on 3 different PC's. Same result.

After trying everything that I can think of, I did a HARD reset. The first thing that I did after the restart of the hard reset was plug it into the computer. Nothing. I only get the charging indicator.

Any ideas?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: Will not connect to PC anymore

Silly question, but did you hook up to an exchange server?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I actually had this same problem with my TP1, but it was fixed after a hard reset. Not sure what the cause is.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jalan is a n00b

I do sync to exchange, but after the hard reset, I did NOT set the exchange server sync up first. I just plugged it in.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

idk then. I just know if youre on an exchange you have to deactivate it before you can active sync
Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. It has connected to both ActiveSync and WMDC in the past on an XP machine and a Vista machine.

Now, however, when I connect it to the computer (Vista 32-bit) with WMDC with a USB cable, I get nothing but the charging indicator.

I am no longer prompted whether I want to connect using ActiveSync or as drive access. (I've confirmed that the setting is set to ask me my preference on that). I have also confirmed that the connections setting to connect via USB to the PC is checked.

When I disconnect the USB cable, the charge light goes away. When I connect it again, the charge light comes back. I have tested 4 different USB cables on 3 different PC's. Same result.

After trying everything that I can think of, I did a HARD reset. The first thing that I did after the restart of the hard reset was plug it into the computer. Nothing. I only get the charging indicator.

Any ideas?
I had a similar problem. If you have another device try to connected to make sure the USB wires are not at fault. if you establish a connection with another device using the same wires it means your touch pro 2 mini usb connection is damage.
I was getting the same problem my device would only be able to charge and not establish connection. I call sprint to get a replacement.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

check settings in settings/connections/usb to pc
Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

brnail is just getting started

I had the same problem with a TP1 and XP Pro 64. I tried everything, or so I thought. I ultimately rebooted the PC and this solved the problem.

I previously had the same issue and reinstalled ActiveSync on the PC, which solved the problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have had this with all my phones at 1 time or another. A restart of my PC always fixed it.

BOO B)
Old 10-30-2009, 01:39 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

savaytse66 is just getting started

I have this problem too every once in a while, and I find that doing a soft reset of the phone usually fixes things.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2