PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 questions 6.5.1

I am running my own ROM using SSK Kitchen But I have 2 questions I don't think are related to the kitchen but are related to 6.5.1. I know at least one of them is. First question is no matter my settings programs don't close in 6.5.1. I have task manager set to 'enable X to close' and 'short press to close'. I also have quickmenu set to the same thing. However, when I use X to close a program it still shows as running in the background. How can I fix this? I did a search for 'close program' but didn't find the answer.

Second question relates to the picture posted. What is that and how do I stop it? It's rather annoying. When I press the screen for a check box or drop down menu that window appears and flashes. Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot002.jpg (11.3 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: 2 questions 6.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I am running my own ROM using SSK Kitchen But I have 2 questions I don't think are related to the kitchen but are related to 6.5.1. I know at least one of them is. First question is no matter my settings programs don't close in 6.5.1. I have task manager set to 'enable X to close' and 'short press to close'. I also have quickmenu set to the same thing. However, when I use X to close a program it still shows as running in the background. How can I fix this? I did a search for 'close program' but didn't find the answer.

Second question relates to the picture posted. What is that and how do I stop it? It's rather annoying. When I press the screen for a check box or drop down menu that window appears and flashes. Thanks!!
people are using a program called showcase for the taskmanager think. i would recommend downloading ngrz 23604 titanium only rom 1st to play with 6.5.1. he has done an excellent job and has everything incorporated already.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
people are using a program called showcase for the taskmanager think. i would recommend downloading ngrz 23604 titanium only rom 1st to play with 6.5.1. he has done an excellent job and has everything incorporated already.
If it was still up there, the Energy ROM Photon build 23081 worked great for me! And has showcase built in as well!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

I've been using 6.5.1 for a while and this is the first time I've had the problem with the box but all ROMs I've tried have had the closing programs issue. I'll check out showcase thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I've been using 6.5.1 for a while and this is the first time I've had the problem with the box but all ROMs I've tried have had the closing programs issue. I'll check out showcase thanks!
oh ok, i thought you hadn't even tried 6.5.1 lol. yeah showcase is the way to go.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

so what about the box issue? any ideas?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

so I tried showcase and it doesn't close out the program automatically. I still have to open something to close a program... same as I was doing before. Am I missing something?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
so I tried showcase and it doesn't close out the program automatically. I still have to open something to close a program... same as I was doing before. Am I missing something?
you are right, something is weird about the new showcase. the old showcase had options where you could adjust the settings. after running this version of showcase it doesn't have any options, ive looked everywhere and can't find the options screen? am i missing something also. what sucks is i don't have the old showcase anymore
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

showcase isnt set as default to close on click, you have to set that through the registry iirc. as for the magnifier, navigate to HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\MAGNIFIER with your favorite regeditor and change the parm "Enable" to 0 then softreset
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
showcase isnt set as default to close on click, you have to set that through the registry iirc. as for the magnifier, navigate to HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\MAGNIFIER with your favorite regeditor and change the parm "Enable" to 0 then softreset
do you know what registry edit to change for close on click, for showcase or 6.5.1 regular x button?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2