PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FREE Visual Voicemail for Sprint (get it here.)

ATTENTION
people are reporting that messages are coming through only as static. A fix has been found and confirmed to work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2 View Post
Same issue here, and I called fusion tech support. They told me that it was a problem that they were having with SPRINT and that I should change the number that my conditional call forwarding was being forwarded to.

I did as directed, and............... BAMM! fixed.

The number fusion gave me is 415-932-0220, to set your fusion to point to the new number, dial *284159320220 and press send (*28 being the needed command)
----------------------

So I signed up for an account with phone fusion, downloaded the phone fusion visual voicemail app, then dialed *28 813 200-0200. Now my voicemail is this fusion voicemail, messages download to the app, and the best part is a rep said I wouldn't be charged. (They stopped charging today aparently lol.) I'm on a simply everything plan.

You don't need to have the app visibly running in the background. Notifications work fine to let you know (icons and all.)

For anyone who's wondering, to set the speed dial (holding down 1 on the phone app) to get to the new voicemail, just go to Start>settings>personal>phone then right there on the first tab (phone) put in 1(813) 200-0200 as the voicemail number. When you down 1, it speed dials to that number now.

DOWNLOAD THE CAB HERE: PFVVM2.cab

SO TO RECAP:
  1. Sign up for an account at http://www.fusionvoicemailplus.com/.
  2. Download their version 1 cab, or the version 2 cab posted here (version two shows a person's name and photo if they are in your contacts list.)
  3. Dial *28 813 200-0200 from your phone. *28 tells Sprint's servers that the number proceeding will be the number to forward calls to when you're unavailable, busy, or don't answer.
  4. Go to Start>settings>personal>phone then right there on the first tab (phone) put in 1(813) 200-0200 as the voicemail number.
  5. Open the app, turn auto-download on, associate the app with your account, and your good to go.

A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:

• With version 2, once installed, don't forget to associate your account to the app by going to Options > Settings > Configure Accounts. Your login information is the same as the website's. Changing your password with the menu options within the voicemail system does not change your password here, or at the website.
  • IF YOU DECIDE U DONT WANT TO KEEP IT simply dial *38 from your phone. This resets call forwarding on no answer, busy, or unavailable to your default sprint voicemail.
  • If you are running into problems with recieving text messages (notifications of new voicemail) from fusion, you need to DISABLE HTC Messaging. (I personally can't remember doing this, but I installed an arcsoft cab that might have done it for me.)

------------------
ATTENTION
people are reporting that messages are coming through only as static. A fix has been found and confirmed to work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2 View Post
Same issue here, and I called fusion tech support. They told me that it was a problem that they were having with SPRINT and that I should change the number that my conditional call forwarding was being forwarded to.

I did as directed, and............... BAMM! fixed.

The number fusion gave me is 415-932-0220, to set your fusion to point to the new number, dial *284159320220 and press send (*28 being the needed command)

Last edited by chronster; 02-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Visual Voicemail for Sprint, but is it worth it?

The fusion way is kinda lame to me, it plays your VM in WMP? so its not really seamless. Does fusion do transcription? I didn't see that on the phonefusion website.

What are your options on it?

I've got google voicemail right now, its transcription is far from perfect.

Until there is an actual Sprint Visual VM app for WM, I think we are gonna be stuck in the back with these less than par visual voicemail "solutions"
Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
The fusion way is kinda lame to me, it plays your VM in WMP? so its not really seamless. Does fusion do transcription? I didn't see that on the phonefusion website.

What are your options on it?

I've got google voicemail right now, its transcription is far from perfect.

Until there is an actual Sprint Visual VM app for WM, I think we are gonna be stuck in the back with these less than par visual voicemail "solutions"
lol I haven't found any transcription feature, but apparently you can sign in online and also opt to have these messages forwarded to an email account in mp3 format, or have links sent to sms.

The options are very simple in the 1.0 version. Auto download, silent mode, sync, etc. I downloaded version 2.0 from microsoft's website, but everytime it loaded up, it read my contacts and that took enough time to be VERY annoying.

You're right though. Until Sprint gives us something native, we are stuck with options that still aren't 100% what we want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

One thing I find a bit annoying is when you play the voicemail, it comes out through the loud speaker, not the earpiece, which makes sense of course since you're opening it in windows mobile.

Hopefully Sprint's native app will give you the option to switch from one to the other like Instinct had.

I'll report back with more annoyances, quirks, or benefits so everyone gets an idea of whether or not they want to try this.

Does anyone know how I would get BACK to my old voicemail should I decide I don't like this anymore?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i am running the phone fusion also. technically it has to be running for it to download the message automatically, but if you do get a new voicemail and the app is closed, the application will still open up, all you have to do is hit sync, then the new message will download. I for one am not interested in transcript voicemail (i honestly don't know what the hype is, if i wanted to see it in a text, the other person would text me) so phone fusion is my best option because they have the application. if you don't want to see the program running in your open applications then add it to the exception list and you will be good to go.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

Do you have Simply Everything plan? I was told by Sprint Rep that Conditional Call forward is free for Simply Everything plan only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
So I downloaded the phone fusion visual voicemail app, then dialed *28 813 200-0200. Now my voicemail is this fusion voicemail, messages download to the app, and the best part is a rep said I wouldn't be charged. (They stopped charging today aparently lol.)
Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
One thing I find a bit annoying is when you play the voicemail, it comes out through the loud speaker, not the earpiece, which makes sense of course since you're opening it in windows mobile.

Hopefully Sprint's native app will give you the option to switch from one to the other like Instinct had.

I'll report back with more annoyances, quirks, or benefits so everyone gets an idea of whether or not they want to try this.

Does anyone know how I would get BACK to my old voicemail should I decide I don't like this anymore?

*38 from google.com/voice

Last edited by apristel; 11-09-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
Do you have Simply Everything plan? I was told by Sprint Rep that Conditional Call forward is free for Simply Everything plan only?
wrong, reps are always wrong. conditonal is for everyone, unconditional forwarding is only for Simply everything plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
*38 I think
its *28 not 38.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

oops yep. my bad
Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm using Google Voice...which I love. So "powerful" of a tool, handling multiple phone lines...screening calls...different outgoing messages for different groups.

As much as I like GV's usefulness. I have yet to see a "visual voicemail" app quite like the Instincts. So simple and so streamlined with the phone....it was one of the only things about the Instinct I liked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2