PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Visual Voicemail for Sprint, but is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I'm using Google Voice...which I love. So "powerful" of a tool, handling multiple phone lines...screening calls...different outgoing messages for different groups.

As much as I like GV's usefulness. I have yet to see a "visual voicemail" app quite like the Instincts. So simple and so streamlined with the phone....it was one of the only things about the Instinct I liked.
sprint or anyone can create this but then they would have to charge. creating an app that is going to do visual voicemail and play sound trought the exact same application instead of opening up you audio device is going to cost someone ALOT of time, and i mean a lot or its going to take a team of people, no one is about to do this for free. So my point is even if sprint came up with a program and was going to charge like VZ does, i would still probably run phone fusion anyways because its free, and i don't mind widows media player opening up.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

As of today, Sprint conditional call forwarding is free, correct? I just want to confirm before I setup my Visual Voice mail with google voice
Old 11-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
As of today, Sprint conditional call forwarding is free, correct? I just want to confirm before I setup my Visual Voice mail with google voice
as of yesterday
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Ok a few things within the brief moments I've been playing with this lol:

First, I've attached version 2.0 of the fusion VVM app. I got it straight from Microsoft's website. I saw other threads about fusion posted version 1.

Second: I installed this app to my storage card. If these files are being downloaded, I don't want someone leaving me a 10 minute long voicemail and taking up all the disk space I have on the device lol. Downside to this is the app might not function correctly if a voicemail comes in while I'm connected via disk drive. Should work fine with active sync.

Third: This app DOES download the voicemails automatically like p-slim said. I don't have it running in the background or anything. It even gives you a nice big notification with a button that lets you view it. I'll see if I can't get a screen shot of that.

Finally: This thing only plays out of the speaker, so if you do see a voicemail from someone you know might be saying something private, or if you've got people around, simply calling in is the best way to check these.

I might sum up all these basic notes on the first post.

pslim, run into anything weird so far?
Attached Files
File Type: cab PFVVM2.CAB (208.4 KB, 266 views) Click for barcode!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok a few things within the brief moments I've been playing with this lol:

First, I've attached version 2.0 of the fusion VVM app. I got it straight from Microsoft's website. I saw other threads about fusion posted version 1.

Second: I installed this app to my storage card. If these files are being downloaded, I don't want someone leaving me a 10 minute long voicemail and taking up all the disk space I have on the device lol. Downside to this is the app might not function correctly if a voicemail comes in while I'm connected via disk drive. Should work fine with active sync.

Third: This app DOES download the voicemails automatically like p-slim said. I don't have it running in the background or anything. It even gives you a nice big notification with a button that lets you view it. I'll see if I can't get a screen shot of that.

Finally: This thing only plays out of the speaker, so if you do see a voicemail from someone you know might be saying something private, or if you've got people around, simply calling in is the best way to check these.

I might sum up all these basic notes on the first post.

pslim, run into anything weird so far?
i have not run into anything else. nice summary
Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: Visual Voicemail for Sprint. works pretty good

Ok yall have convinced me to try this...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

How do you know the forward works? When I do *28 then the number it just beeps 3 times and hangs up.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
How do you know the forward works? When I do *28 then the number it just beeps 3 times and hangs up.
that means it's working

you could always call your phone from another phone and let it go to voicemail to check
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kdizzo is a n00b

can you not just change the association for it to open up in a quicker player? or not open up with the loudspeaker default?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Have you considered trying Audio-route freeware? I suppose it could be a pain to do every time for a voicemail, however it is an easy option to toggle if you want:

http://tinyurl.com/y98bpty

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2