PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Visual Voicemail on TP2

So with Sprint having finally opened up call forwarding I moved everything over to Google Voicemail. First day so cant report back on how I like it but trying to do some research on options for visual voicemail. Type it in google and I find a ton of really old articles.

Anyone know the what options we have for visual voicemail, pros and cons etc.?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:18 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Visual Voicemail on TP2

what's wrong with google? as far as I know they are/were the only one offering transcription to sms free.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Theres a nice one that MS puts out for free check their mobile site

Here it is

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...onefusion.mspx
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

• As Sprint has announced officially, this will be happening in mid-November. However, the exact date has not been finalized or announced by Sprint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
So with Sprint having finally opened up call forwarding I moved everything over to Google Voicemail. First day so cant report back on how I like it but trying to do some research on options for visual voicemail. Type it in google and I find a ton of really old articles.

Anyone know the what options we have for visual voicemail, pros and cons etc.?
  • As Sprint has announced officially, this will be happening in mid-November. However, the exact date has not been finalized or announced by Sprint.

PS you will be charged as of now...Nov 8th was not a official date according to Sprint
Old 11-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post

PS you will be charged as of now...Nov 8th was not a official date according to Sprint
People over at Sprintusers have talked to customer service about call forwarding. They said that it is good to go

I <3 Android
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

all is well for me so far.
before now, the conditional call fwd codes ( *28 ) did not work, but it does now. also google is providing this in the instructions for sprint phones.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post

Talked with Sprint earlier today on this:
Quote:
11/08/2009 02:00:45PM Me: "I have heard that Sprint has or is going to remove charges for conditional call forwarding, is this true?"

11/08/2009 02:02:09PM Agent (Holley D): "Good afternoon, Mr. xxxxx. Yes, you are correct; Sprint has just recently introduced a change in our price plans that allows for conditional call forwarding at no cost to you. Unconditional call forwarding will still bill at .********** cents per minute."

11/08/2009 02:02:43PM Me: "Is it effective now and does it apply to all plans?"

11/08/2009 02:03:47PM Agent (Holley D): "Yes, this new feature is automatically included with all of our price plans, and is available for use starting today."
Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Ive used fusion and it works alright. a bit of a lag once a call goes to vm and then downloads it. ON the plus side, you can get faxes directly to your phone.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

The only other option I am seeing other than GV is the Fusion VM. Just doent look that polished from the screen shots. Going to give GV a try for about a month or so and then try fusion vm.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

tried fusion...and it didn't grab me. Call me a simpleton, but the interface was not as user friendly as I had hoped. That was almost a year ago.

I've been on the GV thing for a little while (had an invite from day one) It (in my opinion) is still pretty clunky. The transcripts are not as accurate as I had hoped. The interface (contacts, groups, etc) was not easy to setup properly. Better yet, it was not intuitive.

I'm a GFanboy...so I think I'll still stick with GV until something better comes along.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2