PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ssbmg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium Home Screen that launches HTC Contacts/Weather/Calendar/Etc???

I'm hoping not to sound too ignorant here but does such a thing exist?? What I would like is WM 6.5 Titanium with the ability to use HTCs Contacts, Messaging, Calendar, and most other HTC apps without using Manila. Sense UI seems to be the culprit with hogging RAM and I'm getting tired of the constant soft resets.

Ideally, from the Titanium homescreen, I could scroll to contacts and it would launch the HTC version of contacts. Same goes for messages, calendar, etc. Is this possible? Would also like to be able to add a "Weather" option from the home screen that would launch HTC weather app...

Couple of other questions:
Is there a way to customize the order of apprearance of items on the Titanium home screen?

Is there a way to move objects around (including into/out of folders) when you click the Windows button? Surely there has to be more than just the "move to top" option.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

programmer8922 is a n00b
Re: Titanium Home Screen that launches HTC Contacts/Weather/Calendar/Etc???

With CHome Editor or Titanizer you can edit plugin order as well as an individual plugin's properties, so if you can run the HTC programs without Manila you would be able to change the linking of the Titanium plugins. As for moving objects around in the start menu, all you have to do is move the links with a file explorer.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ssbmg is a n00b

Thanks for the info. So is it possible map a plugin from the home screen on Titanium to direct to something like the "All Contacts" soft key when you scroll to Contacts using Manila? Really the only thing I miss from Manila will be the synched messaging feature and the facebook synched contacts list.

Any ideas for comparable alternatives if using HTC programs without Manila is not possible? Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer8922 View Post
With CHome Editor or Titanizer you can edit plugin order as well as an individual plugin's properties, so if you can run the HTC programs without Manila you would be able to change the linking of the Titanium plugins. As for moving objects around in the start menu, all you have to do is move the links with a file explorer.
just as a reference, the start menu links are located from the root directory (my device) in the windows\start menu folder. you can create folders, merge, and do whatever you want from there.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ssbmg is a n00b

Got it - thanks! I can't get any of the read only files to move so my start menu is still a bit cluttered for my liking. I guess the only other option is to cook my own. Appreciate the tip!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2