PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Telus users I need help! Or Sim card gurus (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95572)

pistol44 11-09-2009 01:01 PM

Telus users I need help! Or Sim card gurus

2 questions for you all.

Ok so we all proud owners of our Telus TP2s and love them probably more than our g/f's. And we especially love that these are one of their first hybrid CDMA/GSM phones. Now most of you have laid eyes on the HTC HD2. I myself would love to imagine myself taking my Telus sim card out, purchasing an unlocked HD2 early next year and slipping my existing sim in and having no problems. I know that people can buy Telus sim card phones and unlock them for other carries like Rogers etc. So can this be done vice versa?

Secondly I notice a lot of talks of flashing radios on this phone but most of it coming from the US. Are there radio's that are safe to flash for us Telus and if so is there any benefit to doing this?

EDIT: Confirmed that you can use an unlocked phone with Telus' new SIM cards that are currently available on the new Telus 3G+ network.

My question new question is can the new SIM replace our existing SIM that came with the phone to work on the new network? Would the Touch Pro 2 support HSPA?

Touch_Pete 11-10-2009 06:31 AM

Re: Telus users I need help! Or Sim card gurus

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistol44 (Post 1312087)
2 questions for you all.

Ok so we all proud owners of our Telus TP2s and love them probably more than our g/f's. And we especially love that these are one of their first hybrid CDMA/GSM phones. Now most of you have laid eyes on the HTC HD2. I myself would love to imagine myself taking my Telus sim card out, purchasing an unlocked HD2 early next year and slipping my existing sim in and having no problems. I know that people can buy Telus sim card phones and unlock them for other carries like Rogers etc. So can this be done vice versa?

Secondly I notice a lot of talks of flashing radios on this phone but most of it coming from the US. Are there radio's that are safe to flash for us Telus and if so is there any benefit to doing this?

EDIT: Confirmed that you can use an unlocked phone with Telus' new SIM cards that are currently available on the new Telus 3G+ network.

My question new question is can the new SIM replace our existing SIM that came with the phone to work on the new network? Would the Touch Pro 2 support HSPA?

Everything I have read (and there has been lots of discussion both here and on XDA) states that our radio does not have or support the North American frequencies for HSPA To date I have not come across anyone who is able to answer whether this is because they have it locked out in software or whether it is in the hardware. Should you however roam to europe and other parts of the world that have HSPA on the 2100 MHz frequency that is in our phone I have seen numerous reports of successful HSPA connections. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

briggs 11-10-2009 12:11 PM

Re: Telus users I need help! Or Sim card gurus

I'm in the middle of a battle with loyalty over this one.

They told me it would work on the new network when I decided to buy it and are now saying, no way, never.