PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

moosen34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mogul to Touch Pro 2? Has anyone done it?

Alright guys I don't know if I'm getting a little greedy here but I thought I'd ask anyways. Here's the situation:

I have had my Touch Pro 2 for about 2 weeks now after my third Touch Pro refurb started acting up and Asurion replaced it with a TP2 and I absolutely love it.

Last night, my wife lost her Palm Centro. I have an old Mogul laying around that I used to use that is in working condition but the keyboard is screwed up (the reason I got the TP in the first place) but she needs a phone so we're going to swap it on to her account and add insurance. I know that Asurion isn't giving out Moguls anymore for Sprint and they've been replacing Moguls with TP's for a while now. Well, now since they're replacing TP's with TP2's because of all of their problems I was wondering if we could bypass the TP all together and get her a TP2. Like I said, I've been through my share of problems with the TP and I don't see why she should have to go through the entire process again because I have no faith in the TP.

Just wondering if anyone has done it yet?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Sprint Mogul to Touch Pro 2? Has anyone done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosen34 View Post
Alright guys I don't know if I'm getting a little greedy here but I thought I'd ask anyways. Here's the situation:

I have had my Touch Pro 2 for about 2 weeks now after my third Touch Pro refurb started acting up and Asurion replaced it with a TP2 and I absolutely love it.

Last night, my wife lost her Palm Centro. I have an old Mogul laying around that I used to use that is in working condition but the keyboard is screwed up (the reason I got the TP in the first place) but she needs a phone so we're going to swap it on to her account and add insurance. I know that Asurion isn't giving out Moguls anymore for Sprint and they've been replacing Moguls with TP's for a while now. Well, now since they're replacing TP's with TP2's because of all of their problems I was wondering if we could bypass the TP all together and get her a TP2. Like I said, I've been through my share of problems with the TP and I don't see why she should have to go through the entire process again because I have no faith in the TP.

Just wondering if anyone has done it yet?
you could try, but there still selling the touch pro ! look at the sprint web site....

i try doing the same thing with my old tp through asurion and they offer me a touch pro !

but your best bet is trying to see what you get and you could always cancel the order before it go through...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

some folks are still getting moguls...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
some folks are still getting moguls...
Even for Sprint? I'm aware that people are getting Moguls as replacements still but I thought anyone getting a Mogul was from different carriers.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosen34 View Post
Even for Sprint? I'm aware that people are getting Moguls as replacements still but I thought anyone getting a Mogul was from different carriers.
oh yeah! looks like someone got one as of yesterday..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56992
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
oh yeah! looks like someone got one as of yesterday..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56992
Woah looks like it's harder to do now than it used to be a few months ago. Kinda sucks. Honestly, my Mogul was WAY more reliable than my TP so that's a plus. I only had to swap my Mogul out once in the two years that I owned it. My TP had to be swapped out or serviced 4 times in less than a year and that's pretty good for a TP. The Mogul is a dinosaur though. It's SO slow it's frustrating to use. Thanks for the heads up though
Old 11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

AFAIK there has to be 21 days of usage on the current phone, or Asurion will still send you the old phone(the Centro.) So I doubt youll get a TP2
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

moosen34 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
AFAIK there has to be 21 days of usage on the current phone, or Asurion will still send you the old phone(the Centro.) So I doubt youll get a TP2
The Centro is lost and unfortunately she didn't have TEP on that phone so the Centro is gone for sure. It's either the Mogul or whatever else she can get it replaced by. She's a text fanatic so I can already imagine how 21 days without her being able to text will affect my life
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

My guess is youll have to put the Mogul on her plan, add TEP then make a claim after 21 and Asurion will send you a Mogul. Again, just my guess. Or if she doesnt like the Mogul, I THINK you can tell them the Mogul was a temp phone and they check and see the Centro and send that.(again, taking a guess)
Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Heck... It's worth a try... Either way.
A refurb Centro is probably better than a busted up Mogul.
Try it and let us know awhat happens.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2