PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fryguy1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul to Touch Pro 2? Has anyone done it?

A month ago, I was only offered a replacement Mogul for my busted Mogul, so I just bought the TP2. Glad I did, no regrets.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosen34 View Post
Alright guys I don't know if I'm getting a little greedy here but I thought I'd ask anyways. Here's the situation:

I have had my Touch Pro 2 for about 2 weeks now after my third Touch Pro refurb started acting up and Asurion replaced it with a TP2 and I absolutely love it.

Last night, my wife lost her Palm Centro. I have an old Mogul laying around that I used to use that is in working condition but the keyboard is screwed up (the reason I got the TP in the first place) but she needs a phone so we're going to swap it on to her account and add insurance. I know that Asurion isn't giving out Moguls anymore for Sprint and they've been replacing Moguls with TP's for a while now. Well, now since they're replacing TP's with TP2's because of all of their problems I was wondering if we could bypass the TP all together and get her a TP2. Like I said, I've been through my share of problems with the TP and I don't see why she should have to go through the entire process again because I have no faith in the TP.

Just wondering if anyone has done it yet?
Maybe Asurion isn't giving them out, but Sprint still has Moguls. I got a new, yes, NEW one from them in mid-August, but it had keyboard issues out of the box, so they sent me a nice refurb in early September, which I just tossed in the drawer, as I was getting the TP2 that week. I was really shocked by getting a new one, though.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Easiest way to get a TP2 is to pay for it, not scam insurance.

2cents
Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Maybe Asurion isn't giving them out, but Sprint still has Moguls. I got a new, yes, NEW one from them in mid-August, but it had keyboard issues out of the box, so they sent me a nice refurb in early September, which I just tossed in the drawer, as I was getting the TP2 that week. I was really shocked by getting a new one, though.

Yep, Sprint still has Moguls. I took my trusty old Mogul, which was starting to have issues, to the Sprint store early October and got a refurb on TEP. I had already ordered my TP2 but figured I might as well have a good backup phone.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sara12rara is a n00b

Sprint DOES have Moguls right now. I guess earlier in the year they had none, so everyone got the TP1 to replace the Mogul. Now they are replacing the Moguls with Moguls.

My mogul was having issues freezing and refusing to reboot, etc. so I got a refurbished mogul last night. However, that one will not connect to the internet and the keyboard is having issues. So, I am getting another Mogul tomorrow because they are overnighting it. The tech told me that there is no shortage of Moguls so people shouldn't expect to get something different right now. He says that the TP2 is not on the list to replace the Mogul anyway. If I pushed the issue, I could probably get the TP1, the new palm phone, or a blackberry to replace it though. He said the TP1 is prettier, but not as reliable as the Mogul so he wouldn't recommend it though. And I don't want any of the other phones on the accepted list. So I guess I will try to be happy with the Mogul...if they can actually get me a working one!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2