PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700
Carrier: Verizon

CheTzu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 bricked?

To start, most of the time I dont know what Im doing, but I learn fast. With that said ...

This Verizon Touch Pro 2 was unplugged half way during the flashing of an spl. And now I really dont know what to do.

When plugged in the led turns orange and the computer recognizes it as "Qualcomm CDMA technologies MSM" but nothing more.

So what do you guys think, does this sound fixable? And if not, do you think if I sell it, someone out there might be able to fix it? But if that's the case, i would like to give it my best to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch Pro 2 bricked?

Have you tried re-flashing the SPL again? If you computer recognizes the device it should allow you to re-flash it.

Try entering the bootloader:

Pull the battery
Put it back in
Then (the following key combination: Power Button + Volume Down + Reset Button. means, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key and power key on the side of the device. hold these keys until you see a special tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode.)

From your pc, re-flash the SPL.

Good luck and let us know how this works out.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Apache XV6700, Ipaq 3700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

CheTzu is a n00b

Thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate that, and I will follow through and come back here with my results. Before I go ahead, I was wondering if you can recommend which spl or kitchen I should put in the verizon touch pro 2? Hopefully one that doesnt have preinstalled software you cant delete. And what exactly is the difference between an spl and a kitchen, please excuse my ignorance its not every day I get a new mobile or every year for that matter, and I guess the only way to expand a community is through showing people the way, lol.

Thanks Touch. Im actually very excited about this!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

SPL is like the lock that prevents you from changing your phones software. The Hard SPL is what unlocks it. A kitchen is whats used to "cook" ROMs. ROMs are what you install after you unlock. Theres a nice glossary in another thread, Ill find it in 1 minute
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheTzu View Post
To start, most of the time I dont know what Im doing, but I learn fast. With that said ...

This Verizon Touch Pro 2 was unplugged half way during the flashing of an spl. And now I really dont know what to do.

When plugged in the led turns orange and the computer recognizes it as "Qualcomm CDMA technologies MSM" but nothing more.

So what do you guys think, does this sound fixable? And if not, do you think if I sell it, someone out there might be able to fix it? But if that's the case, i would like to give it my best to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Conratz you have a brick.

no way to recover that. its normal for windows to detect it in a powered off state.

Even IF you could get to boot loader, its not possible to flash this HSPL over a locked SPL with out first loading the SSPL, which you need to be booted into windows Mobile to do.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2