PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   rainbow looking smudge (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95536)

poobah 11-09-2009 10:23 AM

rainbow looking smudge

anyone starting to get that oily rainbow smudge like on the touch pro? My touch pro never had it until recently and it's like a huge square in the middle now. i just got my new tp2 and it just started right in the center of the screen. which really sucks

RicoRich196 11-09-2009 11:11 AM

Re: rainbow looking smudge

Are you serious? This again? Wow this is getting me tight why can't HTC make a decent quality phone. smh

D\/8 11-09-2009 11:28 AM

Hurry up and report it before your 30 days are up... Asurion treats this as a damaged phone by you and not a defective one unless within the 30 days... They'll try to say you put too much pressure on the screen and damaged the crystals...

If you are past your 30 day mark, I recommend calling them and telling them the keyboard is bad or something but do not mention the watermark...

Just reporting my past experience with the TP1...

Adrianh85 11-09-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poobah (Post 1311669)
anyone starting to get that oily rainbow smudge like on the touch pro? My touch pro never had it until recently and it's like a huge square in the middle now. i just got my new tp2 and it just started right in the center of the screen. which really sucks

i had this same problem!! and the bad part was that it wasnt always there only sometimes! then my touch screen died!! but so far i havent seen this problem on my new(number 2) tp2!!

poobah 11-09-2009 02:33 PM

funny thing is that when there were all the posts on the tp1 about the smudge i was like thank goodness i wasn't getting it. months later i looked at my phone and i had a perfect square in the center of it. This is my second tp2, the one before it didn't have it. i dunno if i should chance it and try to get another one.

jonoball88 11-09-2009 02:41 PM

i had the same problem on my telus tp2, i only had it for 20 days and they gave me a brand new one when i took it back.

psycho_maniac 11-09-2009 03:17 PM

same here. tried calling in and getting a new phone and they said that i dropped it and this caused the screen to be defective. hurry up and get it. you think you can live with it but it gets worse and worse. trust me. i was gonna deal with it, or did in fact, and it got worse and worse till finally i tried hard as hell to get the tp2. i was gonna wait till the tp2 was back in stock but it got pretty bad. browsing the net sucked.

poobah 11-21-2009 06:05 PM

went to the sprint store. they said it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone and there's nothing i can do. unless i want to pay the 100 bux for getting another one.

Mayonesa 11-21-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poobah (Post 1350294)
went to the sprint store. they said it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone and there's nothing i can do. unless i want to pay the 100 bux for getting another one.

thats BS!!!! dont fall for that... talk to a manager and put pressure on them... i had the screen on my tp replaced 3 times and they gave me crap once but i fought it.

they phone didnt come like that and its not suppose to me like that... there is damage on the screen... thats what warranty is for!!!! i pay extra for it so i expect them to back it up

fight it and fight it some more... dont eat up their BS

and be more careful with the screens.. these are not like the Hero screen that are glass.. these screens are made out of plastic... many layers... too much pressure will damage them... so when you clean it dont rub it too hard

good luck

kimogent 11-21-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poobah (Post 1350294)

that REALLY SUCKS because I had the same problem with my tp1 and after awhile it got worse and disabled my touch screen...its like the screen is always being pressed by the oily square or something which causes it to not respond to touching the screen for ANYTHING. tp1 or 2 arent multi-touch phones. I think this is the cause....just my two honest abes