PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint
Carrier: sprint

touchpro2111 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I get mp4 video to play on window media player?

I used the Touch Pro 2 to record video in mp4 format, and I can't get the mp4 to play on my computer windows media player. How can I convert the file or otherwise get it to play on windows media player?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How can I get mp4 video to play on window media player?

can try Agile Video Converter
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 AM
N00b
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

touchpro2111 is a n00b

Something free would be good
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Here is a great one from XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478050
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

The MPEG-4 file format, as defined by the MPEG-4 specification, contains MPEG-4 encoded video and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)-encoded audio content. It typically uses the .mp4 extension. Windows Media Player does not support the playback of the .mp4 file format. You can play back .mp4 media files in Windows Media Player when you install DirectShow-compatible MPEG-4 decoder packs. DirectShow-compatible MPEG-4 decoder packs include the Ligos LSX-MPEG Player and the EnvivioTV.

Feel free to try the decoder packs mentioned above, or just install the codec pack I have attached here, that will add .mp4 codec support to Windows Media Player for you.
Attached Files
File Type: rar K-Lite_Codec_Pack_540_Basic.rar (4.60 MB, 62 views) Click for barcode!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

barbo is just getting started

I was having the same problem: video from Tilt2 moved to desktop wouldn't play with any media player I had installed. I did get VLC to play the video but without any audio and under an error window. I was afraid to go with a codec pack (I've heard warnings against doing that - can't remember where or why). So I continued to search....

I found another solution that worked for me: change the extension from .mp4 to .3gp and then Quciktime opened the file with both audio and video. I am a happy camper.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Carrier: PP

danielkathee is a n00b

Another way to play mp4 in windows media player is to convert mp4 to windows media player more supported format like wmv, avi.

iDealshare VideoGo is just the right MP4 to Windows Media Player Converter which can convert all kinds of MP4 video to Windows Media Player supported video format WMV, AVI, ASF, MPG. Besides converting MP4 to WMP video format, it also can convert MP4 to Windows Media Player supported audio format like WMA, MP3, WAV, AU, and AIFF.

Moreover, this ideal MP4 Windows Media Player Converter also helps to convert other Windows Media Player unsupported format like MOV, VOB, WTV, MKV, WebM, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MXF, AVCHD, FLAC, APE, OGG, 3GA, M4A, DTS, RA, VOC, M4R, and etc to WMP supported video or audio format.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pocket PC 2002
Carrier: WiFi

Luis Hursey is a n00b

In order to play mp4 in Windows Media Player, you need to convert mp4 to WMP compatible format like wmv, avi.

i recommend you a tool which have this function.just google search how to play mp4 in windows media player.

hope useful

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2