PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rruelas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sony Locationfree cab?

I have a touch pro 2 and I have WMWiFirouter installed. I have the SonyLocation free software installed on my Dell Netbook. It worked great. I was able to watch hours of recorded shows and local tv programming on my DVR cablebox and it never logged me off or got disconnected.

Now i heard that there was a locationfree cab for windows mobile devices. I would love to have it on my phone when bringing my netbook is not approprite but i cant find it anywhere. only on symbian devices. When i do a search on google, yahoo, and bing, all of websites i find say that the software was discontinued last year and the japanise version was discontinued back in august.

I dont have a tv tuner on my computer at home so orb is out. And i really wasn't looking forward into buying a slingbox or hava. I bought the Sonylocation free box at a Sony Outlet Store for only 19.99 and it works with my PSP. But my PSP will not work with Wifirouter. I guess the PSP can not pickup that type of AdHoc connection. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone has that cab? Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rruelas is a n00b
Re: Sony Locationfree cab?

I found the cab on XDA. I got locationfree to work on my touch pro 2 from vzw. Stock 6.5. Tried stock 6.1 but the results are the same. Im wondering if a striped down version of windows mobile will work any better. Everything is case sensitive and when you enter the serial key, not only is that case sensitive, you have to make sure that only put 8 digits in the first box, 4 digits in the second box, and 4 digits in the third box. But it only works if you set the rate in manual mode. It doesnt matter if im in WiFi or 3G. It wont work in automatic. The first 2 work fine but the window is small, about the size of a stamp. the higher rate you go the larger the picture till it fills almost the whole screen but it only last for a couple of seconds before it crashes and closes the program. Also if you chose "Intel PXA27 or higher" it crashes too. When you first open the program, If you click ok at the top before you connect then click settings, then Enviroment settings, you can change how the landscape mode flips. But when i do that it almost covers the whole remote control in counterclockwise mode. if you flip it to clockwise mode, the the video window blocks the remote just a little bit so you kind of have to guess at what button you are pushing on the remote but its backwards in regards to the position of the keyboard. other than that, its not to bad. But not as smooth has i hoped. I would love for all the bugs to be worked out. I dont want to have to buy another solution, and it works great on my laptop and psp. Does anybody have any experience with slingbox and how well it works on the touch pro 2?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

justlink is a n00b

Care to link that cab file? I've searched both forums and the web and have found nothing.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rruelas is a n00b

this is where i got it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=619137&page=2
just remember that Everything is case sensitive, the domain name, passwords, serials. Hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2