PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch flo 3d is flawed (wallpaper/background)

I dont get it, HTC has done a really nice job with touch flo. One thing I just dont understand why it sucks with wallpaper. If you use the built in option it will take the image and somehow make it look like crap and you can only change the 1st tabs picture (do they think people only want a background pic on the 1st tab? wtf). Sure there are hacks and tweaks I can use but I should not have to.

I dont think it would be hard for htc to add decent background options, and not make the picture to look like crap either.

What do you all think?

Last edited by mayoko185; 11-08-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edited grammar/spelling
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: touch flo 3d is flawed (wallpaper/background)

I think that HTC and WinMo is all about tweaks, hacks, and customization. It really makes the OS. No other phone OS can compare to the number of customizable options WinMo has. It's really not hard to install a simple .cab to make stuff work the way you want to. I hate to be blunt, but if you think you shouldn't have to tweak anything then WinMo is not the OS for you. Go try Android.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
I think that HTC and WinMo is all about tweaks, hacks, and customization. It really makes the OS. No other phone OS can compare to the number of customizable options WinMo has. It's really not hard to install a simple .cab to make stuff work the way you want to. I hate to be blunt, but if you think you shouldn't have to tweak anything then WinMo is not the OS for you. Go try Android.
See I think you missed my point, what im saying is HTC has obviously done a lot of work with touch flo 2.1/2.5 to make the winmo experience better out of the box so why leave out what I would think to be a very easy for them to do and add more decent wallpaper options out of the box. Android has nothing to do with what im talking about.

Some of these things people do to "hack" touch flo you would think HTC would give as options in the UI, as it would give a better experience for the user.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
I dont get it, HTC has done a really nice job with touch flo. But one thing I just dont understand why it stucks is wallpaper within touch flo. If you use the built in option it will take the image and somehow make it look like crap and you can only change the 1st tabs picture at all (do they think people only want background on the 1st tab? wtf). Sure there are hacks and tweaks I can use but I should not have to. I dont think it would be hard for htc to make it so touch flo has these options by default (and not change the picture to look like crap).

What do you all think?
I 100% agree with this statement. Why the heck would you make a program that you can change the background on but it stretches it out and looks like crap. How the heck can this be. This is like basics 101. It is probably 1 of the dumbest thing I have seen about TF3D and is the only program or plugin I know that does something this stupid......

Do not agree with Zune's post at all. It is almost like microsoft putting out word mobile on the device and then telling you that it will open up a word file but it will be blurry and you will not be able to make out what it says. Unless of course you use a hack that someone else created......

Last edited by eman; 11-08-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Superboy007 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSuperboy007 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSuperboy007 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSuperboy007 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSuperboy007 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

HQ wallpapers for B4All Tabs

it's here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93906
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy007 View Post
HQ wallpapers for B4All Tabs

it's here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93906
Doesn't work for 2.5 and the OP wasn't asking how to do it, he was simply saying he couldn't believe that it is not built into TF3D as in stock.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Doesn't work for 2.5 and the OP wasn't asking how to do it, he was simply saying he couldn't believe that it is not built into TF3D as in stock.
Exactly, plus there are different hacks for different versions of touch flo 3d. Speaking from experience it can be frustrating to install a hack thats not working only to find out its for another version of touch flo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2