PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   touch flo 3d is flawed (wallpaper/background) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/95338-touch-flo-3d-flawed-wallpaper-background.html)

mayoko185 11-08-2009 02:07 AM

touch flo 3d is flawed (wallpaper/background)

I dont get it, HTC has done a really nice job with touch flo. One thing I just dont understand why it sucks with wallpaper. If you use the built in option it will take the image and somehow make it look like crap and you can only change the 1st tabs picture (do they think people only want a background pic on the 1st tab? wtf). Sure there are hacks and tweaks I can use but I should not have to.

I dont think it would be hard for htc to add decent background options, and not make the picture to look like crap either.

What do you all think?

ZuneNinja! 11-08-2009 05:19 AM

Re: touch flo 3d is flawed (wallpaper/background)

I think that HTC and WinMo is all about tweaks, hacks, and customization. It really makes the OS. No other phone OS can compare to the number of customizable options WinMo has. It's really not hard to install a simple .cab to make stuff work the way you want to. I hate to be blunt, but if you think you shouldn't have to tweak anything then WinMo is not the OS for you. Go try Android.

mayoko185 11-08-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! (Post 1308866)
I think that HTC and WinMo is all about tweaks, hacks, and customization. It really makes the OS. No other phone OS can compare to the number of customizable options WinMo has. It's really not hard to install a simple .cab to make stuff work the way you want to. I hate to be blunt, but if you think you shouldn't have to tweak anything then WinMo is not the OS for you. Go try Android.

See I think you missed my point, what im saying is HTC has obviously done a lot of work with touch flo 2.1/2.5 to make the winmo experience better out of the box so why leave out what I would think to be a very easy for them to do and add more decent wallpaper options out of the box. Android has nothing to do with what im talking about.

Some of these things people do to "hack" touch flo you would think HTC would give as options in the UI, as it would give a better experience for the user.

eman 11-08-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayoko185 (Post 1308677)
I dont get it, HTC has done a really nice job with touch flo. But one thing I just dont understand why it stucks is wallpaper within touch flo. If you use the built in option it will take the image and somehow make it look like crap and you can only change the 1st tabs picture at all (do they think people only want background on the 1st tab? wtf). Sure there are hacks and tweaks I can use but I should not have to. I dont think it would be hard for htc to make it so touch flo has these options by default (and not change the picture to look like crap).

What do you all think?

I 100% agree with this statement. Why the heck would you make a program that you can change the background on but it stretches it out and looks like crap. How the heck can this be. This is like basics 101. It is probably 1 of the dumbest thing I have seen about TF3D and is the only program or plugin I know that does something this stupid......

Do not agree with Zune's post at all. It is almost like microsoft putting out word mobile on the device and then telling you that it will open up a word file but it will be blurry and you will not be able to make out what it says. Unless of course you use a hack that someone else created......

Superboy007 11-08-2009 11:17 AM

HQ wallpapers for B4All Tabs

it's here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/93906-hq-b4alltabs-stretched-landscape-weather-animation.html

eman 11-08-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superboy007 (Post 1309123)
HQ wallpapers for B4All Tabs

it's here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93906

Doesn't work for 2.5 and the OP wasn't asking how to do it, he was simply saying he couldn't believe that it is not built into TF3D as in stock.

mayoko185 11-08-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 1309261)
Doesn't work for 2.5 and the OP wasn't asking how to do it, he was simply saying he couldn't believe that it is not built into TF3D as in stock.

Exactly, plus there are different hacks for different versions of touch flo 3d. Speaking from experience it can be frustrating to install a hack thats not working only to find out its for another version of touch flo.