PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

GatorDeb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync not working

I downloaded Windows Mobile Center for Vista and I have the phone connected through USB and rebooted and everything and nothing... Device Not Connected... help? Thanks!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: ActiveSync not working

Once your computer is up and running then plug the phone in... are you prompted on your phone to activesync or disk mode or anything? You want to hit activesync on your phone when it prompts you.

If it doesn't prompt you, unplug it from the computer then you can goto ( on the phone ) start..settings..connections... and then you can select activesync... in the connections there is a box to check that says something to the effect of "ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the computer"... you want that checked... close out of that and plug in your phone, hit the active sync and see what happens... maybe try another USB port on your computer.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jambaj0e is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Once your computer is up and running then plug the phone in... are you prompted on your phone to activesync or disk mode or anything? You want to hit activesync on your phone when it prompts you.

If it doesn't prompt you, unplug it from the computer then you can goto ( on the phone ) start..settings..connections... and then you can select activesync... in the connections there is a box to check that says something to the effect of "ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the computer"... you want that checked... close out of that and plug in your phone, hit the active sync and see what happens... maybe try another USB port on your computer.
I tried all of this, and no go, either.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

Go into control panel, device manager, and see if you have anything not functionaing correctly (Yellow Exclamation mark)...

Is that USB Port working? Try another port.. If you had it in there and it failed to install at some point, it may be waiting for drivers that did not get installed if you plugged it in before you have WMC installed.

If so you can uninstall it (or remove it) by going in device manager and on the toolbar hitting SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES.. See if an unknown device is listed, and delete/uninstall it.. Plug your phone back in after and see if it works.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

klee613 is a n00b

I got the same problem.. Just updated with the new mighty mouse rom now my active sync wont connect.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you try with the 'Enable faster data synchronization' option off?

I had problems getting my phone to connect to Vista with this setting turned on.

To turn off this setting:
Start - settings - all settings - connections - usb
uncheck the box
Old 11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

my tp2 syncs fine, but i have had tons of problems with active sync and the titan in the past. i always had to turn the firewall off. only certain usb ports seemed to work. no ports on the front of the computer worked, only ones directly connected to the mobo. syncing with more than one computer was problematic. i think you are allowed to have two sync partnerships. i always had to delete those and begin anew.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2