PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ActiveSync not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95322)

GatorDeb 11-08-2009 12:02 AM

ActiveSync not working

I downloaded Windows Mobile Center for Vista and I have the phone connected through USB and rebooted and everything and nothing... Device Not Connected... help? Thanks!

apristel 11-08-2009 12:13 AM

Re: ActiveSync not working

Once your computer is up and running then plug the phone in... are you prompted on your phone to activesync or disk mode or anything? You want to hit activesync on your phone when it prompts you.

If it doesn't prompt you, unplug it from the computer then you can goto ( on the phone ) start..settings..connections... and then you can select activesync... in the connections there is a box to check that says something to the effect of "ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the computer"... you want that checked... close out of that and plug in your phone, hit the active sync and see what happens... maybe try another USB port on your computer.

jambaj0e 11-08-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1308438)
Once your computer is up and running then plug the phone in... are you prompted on your phone to activesync or disk mode or anything? You want to hit activesync on your phone when it prompts you.

If it doesn't prompt you, unplug it from the computer then you can goto ( on the phone ) start..settings..connections... and then you can select activesync... in the connections there is a box to check that says something to the effect of "ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the computer"... you want that checked... close out of that and plug in your phone, hit the active sync and see what happens... maybe try another USB port on your computer.

I tried all of this, and no go, either.

SuBDivisions 11-08-2009 11:31 PM

Go into control panel, device manager, and see if you have anything not functionaing correctly (Yellow Exclamation mark)...

Is that USB Port working? Try another port.. If you had it in there and it failed to install at some point, it may be waiting for drivers that did not get installed if you plugged it in before you have WMC installed.

If so you can uninstall it (or remove it) by going in device manager and on the toolbar hitting SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES.. See if an unknown device is listed, and delete/uninstall it.. Plug your phone back in after and see if it works.

klee613 11-09-2009 03:05 PM

I got the same problem.. Just updated with the new mighty mouse rom now my active sync wont connect.

silverkorn 11-09-2009 03:34 PM

Did you try with the 'Enable faster data synchronization' option off?

I had problems getting my phone to connect to Vista with this setting turned on.

To turn off this setting:
Start - settings - all settings - connections - usb
uncheck the box

dmb60614 11-09-2009 03:45 PM

my tp2 syncs fine, but i have had tons of problems with active sync and the titan in the past. i always had to turn the firewall off. only certain usb ports seemed to work. no ports on the front of the computer worked, only ones directly connected to the mobo. syncing with more than one computer was problematic. i think you are allowed to have two sync partnerships. i always had to delete those and begin anew.