PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

herbster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM and Sprite Backup Touch Pro 2

If I was to unlock and go with a custom rom could I use an older version of sprite backup and install my backup so that I can use the programs etc that I have backed up and get the best of both worlds?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: ROM and Sprite Backup Touch Pro 2

btw... I don't mean if I want to revert back to the stock rom. I mean if I get a custom rom like mighty then can I just use my sprite backup to add my programs apps and stuff or will it brick the device?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I should know this but anyone help on this thread?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea you can, just make sure the restore settings are on Merge level 1......... should be good to go........ Dont quote me on the restore settings but I think that will do what ya want.....

but if its a 6.1 to 6.5 itll kinda merge the 2 roms.lol wont brick it....... if anything itll stop in mid download and freeze causing you to manually have to hard reset.. thats worst case scenario....
Old 11-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

It won't brick the device to restore settings from 6.1 rom to a new 6.5 rom, i tried it. but i don't think its a good idea. Sprite lets you choose what to restore and i played around with it and tried to just do a few things and it restored alot of my old settings (taskbar and background). On their website they say that with the newest version of sprite that you can restore on a new rom, but i just don't think it is going to be very stable.

I will still use sprite, but i am labeling what rom it was on and only backup from same rom. this really limits its functionality if you like to flash alot, but if you want to just choose a rom and stick with it for awhile then it is still good. Fortunately, cooks are starting to use XDA_UC. This lets you just put all your cabs in a folder on your SD card called XDA_UC and then it will auto install all your programs. Juicy's rom has this and others have similar versions (including Mighty).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2