PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there to completely disable CDMA on a Sprint Touch Pro2 or flash a GSM Only ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95273)

surfturtle 11-07-2009 06:38 PM

Is there to completely disable CDMA on a Sprint Touch Pro2 or flash a GSM Only ROM?

I am using the Sprint Pro2 in a country where there is no CDMA service so I can only use with GSM.

I am wondering:
- Is it possible to flash a GSM only Radio & ROM since there is no need for CDMA
- If ROM flashing is not possible is it possible to somehow permanently disable CDMA part of the Pro2?

imnuts 11-07-2009 06:39 PM

Re: Is there to completely disable CDMA on a Sprint Touch Pro2 or flash a GSM Only RO

Switch the phone to GSM only mode in phone options/settings. That will disable the CDMA radio and leave just the GSM radio active.

TaurusBullba 11-07-2009 06:48 PM

Re: Is there to completely disable CDMA on a Sprint Touch Pro2 or flash a GSM Only RO

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfturtle (Post 1307706)
I am using the Sprint Pro2 in a country where there is no CDMA service so I can only use with GSM.

I am wondering:
- Is it possible to flash a GSM only Radio & ROM since there is no need for CDMA
- If ROM flashing is not possible is it possible to somehow permanently disable CDMA part of the Pro2?

In regards to your first point, DO NOT try to flash a GSM radio or ROM to a CDMA phone.

surfturtle 11-07-2009 07:27 PM

i have set it to GSM only mode however the problem is that every time I restart the phone it starts to connect to CDMA internet settings instead of the GSM ones. I have to go to Settings -> Connection -> Connections and delete the 3G CDMA connection that is automatically created after every restart

Adrianh85 11-07-2009 07:36 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfturtle
i have set it to GSM only mode however the problem is that every time I restart the phone it starts to connect to CDMA internet settings instead of the GSM ones. I have to go to Settings -> Connection -> Connections and delete the 3G CDMA connection that is automatically created after every restart

use qpst to erase everything sprint carrier based so the phone cannot even reconize its sprint branded

rstoyguy 11-07-2009 07:44 PM

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

chrisjh18 11-07-2009 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's a file causing the data to revert back to the original settings.

You need to install either Resco Explorer or Total Commander and overwrite the CM_Guardian_Service.dll file.

For your convenience I uploaded it for you.

After that, soft reset your phone and change your connections. Make sure you can still get online and once you've confirmed that soft reset again to see if the settings reverted back or not.

Let me know how it goes.

TheBundo 11-07-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjh18 (Post 1307832)
There's a file causing the data to revert back to the original settings.

You need to install either Resco Explorer or Total Commander and overwrite the CM_Guardian_Service.dll file.

For your convenience I uploaded it for you.

After that, soft reset your phone and change your connections. Make sure you can still get online and once you've confirmed that soft reset again to see if the settings reverted back or not.

Let me know how it goes.

And do a FULL BACKUP first

frodobaggins 11-23-2009 07:35 PM

I tried to use Total Commander and overwrite the CM_Guardian_Service.dll file but it would appear that the file restored itself.

Can someone else confirm this? Or can someone tell me how to completely eradicate this annoying service?

Can we edit the XML file that the service uses? I tried, but it won't let me save it.

Sprint Touch Pro 2
Windows Mobile Professional 6.1

frodobaggins 12-07-2009 03:39 PM

Has anyone had luck with this?

Just checking again.

Thanks.