PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

manning is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashing a rom, and vzw return?

So I want to flash a rom to my device, but if i have any problems with the phone in the future that would warrant me returning the phone under warranty (my keyboard is starting to make a lot of bad sounds while typing) what do I do? do i just simply flash a stock rom back on?

thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: flashing a rom, and vzw return?

yes and relock it.
I've seldom done this and have had no problems returning equipment though.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

manning is a n00b

awesome! Yeah if I would have read the whole unlocker post I would have known too.. lol reading is fundamental!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Yeah, after you flash the stock ROM you flash the stock unlocker. Both are in the upgrades section. It is really easy to do.

When I first tried to unlock my warranty replaced device, it wouldn't work. I realized that it's because I was running Windows Vista and had to right click on it and choose Run as Administrator. If you have Vista on your PC, be sure to do this.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I should add, you do run a risk of having your warranty voided if you return it unlocked and with a custom rom. Just because it hasn't happened to me (yet) doesn't mean that it won't happen to you.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JSarella is a n00b

I need to return a Touch Pro2 for having a bunch of dead pixels, I already unlocked it but have already flashed hte stock rom back on. I only installed MightyRom, so I don't have to re flash any radio's or anything do I? Please let me know before I re-lock this device. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

No, if the only thing you flashed was Mighty Rom you will not have to do any thing more than re-flashing back to stock and locking her back up. Roms do not change radios and radios do not change Roms afaik....(mighty's thread even makes referecnce to this frequently asked question)
Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

This has been a helpful thread for me. There are a handful of ROM cooking Q's I have and am just embarrassed to ask.

My phone w/6.1 works GREAT right now... but I'm tempted to try hard SPL and flash. I was curious whether I could flash whatever version of 6.5 Verizon puts out later on or get back to stock. I'm a comfortable tweeker (heck, I got streaming video tab installed and working by myself!), but have never flashed a custom ROM.

Gotta go look for the FAQ and read through it a bit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2