PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134
Tp2 3.5mm Headset Annoyances

I am angry at the fact that the Touch Pro 2 does not have a decent 3.5mm headset with a Mic + volume control. I've searched countless times on Google and other places for a 3.5mm headset and all i get is headsets using the mini-usb. I dont mind using the Htc mini-usb but is annoying that one headphone has a long wire to around your neck. is it that difficult to get a nice 3.5mm or mini-usb headset without the long wire on one headphone... whomever design the mini-usb with the long wire on one headphone must be a retard period. all i want is a 3.5mm or mini-usb with mic and volume control. NO WIRES AROUND MY NECK.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01
Re: Tp2 3.5mm Headset Annoyances

Doesnt come with volume control, BUT the headset from the palm PRE works great if you can get ahold of one.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
I am angry at the fact that the Touch Pro 2 does not have a decent 3.5mm headset with a Mic + volume control. I've searched countless times on Google and other places for a 3.5mm headset and all i get is headsets using the mini-usb. I dont mind using the Htc mini-usb but is annoying that one headphone has a long wire to around your neck. is it that difficult to get a nice 3.5mm or mini-usb headset without the long wire on one headphone... whomever design the mini-usb with the long wire on one headphone must be a retard period. all i want is a 3.5mm or mini-usb with mic and volume control. NO WIRES AROUND MY NECK.
i'm sorry i have to disagree with you, the 1 short wire and 1 long wire is better then the old skool 2 long wire look. 1 long and 1 short makes for a more comforable fit and you don't have the stupid cords dangling in frong of the body. but to each his own, i'm just saying i know why the majority of companies have gone with the new style look.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Use a bluetooth headset or speaker phone. I use speaker phone in my car. It works great.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

if your not worried about price here are some bose headsets

bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/mobile_solutions/index.jsp
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

the bose ear phones are pretty good

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-07-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if your not worried about price here are some bose headsets

bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/mobile_solutions/index.jsp
Thx bro I do like the Bose headset but no volume control. the Klipsch Image S4i earphones are perfect with mic + vloume but i have tried the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic and the Mic nor the volume worked on my TP2. I am afraid to buy the Klipsch version and not work, i am just frustrated at this point.
below are the links from apple & klipsch if you want to see.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...co=MTI1NjIyMjk

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-s4i-overview/

I will contact klipsch to find out if their product works with the TP2.

Last edited by migz1134; 11-07-2009 at 03:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
Thx bro I do like the Bose headset but no volume control. the Klipsch Image S4i earphones are perfect with mic + vloume but i have tried the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic and the Mic nor the volume worked on my TP2. I am afraid to buy the Klipsch version and not work, i am just frustrated at this point.
below are the links from apple & klipsch if you want to see.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...co=MTI1NjIyMjk

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-s4i-overview/

I will contact klipsch to find out if their product works with the TP2.
I just returned my bose headsets and bought the monster dr dre headphones. while on their website i saw these in ear headphones which i think would work.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/ShowProducts.aspx
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

Anyone tried the Klipsch Image S4 yet? Or any good sounding headphones with a mic that will control volume and or control the TF3 music player?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor

Sorry, but those Dr Dre sets are pure gimmick's. They're 300$ because you're paying for Monster's name and Dre's name on them. The wiring is cheap and the speakers are the same components found in Logitech headsets made in China when we did some teardowns in our QA lab.

We sold them here and have a huge amount of returns because they do nothing to improve the sound quality, even with their little in-line magnet noise filters.

Monster is a huge scam as a company anyhow, every product they make is worth less than RCA Radioshack house brand products.

Sorry had to vent, those Beats did nothing but give us a beating in the wallet paying for return shipping and then having to ship them to outlets as open-box. Craptastic status symbols.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2