PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Trying to Activate At&t prepaid SIM card for My TP2....Asking for IMEI # (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94786)

bignadad 11-05-2009 02:57 PM

Trying to Activate At&t prepaid SIM card for My TP2....Asking for IMEI #

unlocked my sim by calling verizon and now i am trying to activate this prepaid sim card from at&t.....when i try to activate it as for IMEI number.

i am using energy ROM 6.5.1 and i have a IMEI number under phone identity BUT its 17 digits long and 15 is required....

is this not possible to do?

If you have the package your phone came in, you will find your IMEI number on the outside of the package on a white label with a bar code. Look for the 15-digit number following "IMEI".

If you do not have the package, you can locate the IMEI number on your new phone by following these steps:

1. Be sure your phone is turned on. (If the battery in your phone isn't charged yet, you might need to plug the charger into the phone.)
  2. Press these keys on the phone, one by one: *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound). You should see a long number on the screen. (This may not work for all phones.)
  3. If you see that number, enter only the first 15 digits, skipping any spaces, dashes, or other symbols that you may see. If you do not get a number on your screen, please follow the direction on the right side of this page.

DarkLord 11-05-2009 03:01 PM

Re: Trying to Activate At&t prepaid SIM card for My TP2....Asking for IMEI #

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignadad (Post 1301224)
unlocked my sim and now i am trying to activate this prepaid sim card from at&t.....when i try to activate it as for IMEI number.

i am using energy ROM 6.5.1 and i have a IMEI number under phone identity BUT its 17 digits long and 15 is required....

is this not possible to do?

If you have the package your phone came in, you will find your IMEI number on the outside of the package on a white label with a bar code. Look for the 15-digit number following "IMEI".

If you do not have the package, you can locate the IMEI number on your new phone by following these steps:

1. Be sure your phone is turned on. (If the battery in your phone isn't charged yet, you might need to plug the charger into the phone.)
  2. Press these keys on the phone, one by one: *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound). You should see a long number on the screen. (This may not work for all phones.)
  3. If you see that number, enter only the first 15 digits, skipping any spaces, dashes, or other symbols that you may see. If you do not get a number on your screen, please follow the direction on the right side of this page.

i have Sprint and i know it's different on mine but don't you still have to use cmonex's Sim unlocker for Verizon?

bignadad 11-05-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 1301236)
i have Sprint and i know it's different on mine but don't you still have to use cmonex's Sim unlocker for Verizon?

i have already called verizon and unlocked my sim. i have the att prepaid sim in the phone and it picks up the tmobile and att networks, but i have to activate the SIM card with this IMEI number...

bignadad 11-05-2009 03:14 PM

went here to htc unlockers and there it says to enter FIRST 15 digits of IMEI number...going to try that...

http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/

bignadad 11-05-2009 03:41 PM

Got it working.... i am making calls on at&t network from my Verizon touch pro 2

Amazing...... Simple, but Amazing....

seti007 11-05-2009 03:46 PM

Cool, thats exactly what im gonna be doing with my sprint TP2. Thanks for the helpful post.

yoshi911 01-26-2010 11:43 PM

I have a verizon tp2 and no longer have the box it came in... When i type in *#06# i get nothing. Is there another way I can get the imei# ?

isdnmatt 01-27-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoshi911 (Post 1519332)
I have a verizon tp2 and no longer have the box it came in... When i type in *#06# i get nothing. Is there another way I can get the imei# ?

Make sure you switch the phone over to GSM mode, then type the code. It won't work if its in CDMA or Global.

cheif_of_smoke 01-27-2010 03:49 PM

i have done this and i cant pick up at&t or t-mobile. im useing uscc tp2. do i need a new radio. i have been area that have att but i can find the network. yes it is sim/cid/sec. and phone unlocked.

fuzzy26 01-27-2010 04:41 PM

So does this mean it is possable to get an iphone on sprint service?