PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LED blinking orange+green? What does this mean?

Overheating makes sense... Try removing the battery door and airing the phone out a bit.

The self-destruct sequence flashes red twice, then blue once. (kidding, of course)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

If I ever need to charge mt phone, but it's kinda hot, I'll take off the battery cover, slide out the keyboard, tilt the screen, and let it charge face down. Kinda keeps it cooler.

I remember the TP1 used to overheat a lot... One time I was talking on the phone, and I put the phone in the freezer for a min! (probably not the best idea for the lcd, but whatever).
Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

green + orange means ur phone is over heated and has stopped charging you should unplug it.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I went ahead and looked at the online HTC manual, and these were the results of the LED status. The funny part it has no notification listed for a green+orange status.

But I would also have to agree something is going on with the battery/overheating if you have already checked notifications what would cause a flashing green LED status.

* The Notification LED shows a:
Flashing green light when there are new SMS, MMS or e-mail messages, missed calls, or reminders.
Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Solid amber light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10% <-----had no idea about this status
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor

Confirmed. I was charging my phone in my warm office while monitoring my dog via orb webcam. Saw orange and green flashing like a police siren. picked up the phone and it was hotter than I have ever felt. Watch out people.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: mtn

alifath1234 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to alifath1234

i was charging my phone 2 day ago, and listening to music and downloading a lot of mb from internet with wifi, and i putted it under my pillow

after about 2 or 3 hour i pulled it out and saw the orange and green blinking
my phone was like a fire stone, it had a very bad result, the lcd doesn't had touch sensitive anymore

after 2 hour the sensitivity came back, but the story didn't finish yet.

after that, every time i charge this phone, the lcd sensitivity goes off,and after i cool it down, sensitivity comes back

but now while i'm sending this message, the half of screen doesn't have any touch sense what is your suggestion for me???
Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifath1234 View Post
i was charging my phone 2 day ago, and listening to music and downloading a lot of mb from internet with wifi, and i putted it under my pillow

my phone was like a fire stone, it had a very bad result, the lcd doesn't had touch sensitive anymore

after that, every time i charge this phone, the lcd sensitivity goes off,and after i cool it down, sensitivity comes back

but now while i'm sending this message, the half of screen doesn't have any touch sense what is your suggestion for me???
You over heated it. it's toast. Send for replacemernt
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
I went ahead and looked at the online HTC manual, and these were the results of the LED status. The funny part it has no notification listed for a green+orange status.

But I would also have to agree something is going on with the battery/overheating if you have already checked notifications what would cause a flashing green LED status.

* The Notification LED shows a:
Flashing green light when there are new SMS, MMS or e-mail messages, missed calls, or reminders.
Solid green light when the device is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Solid amber light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10% <-----had no idea about this status

What do people who are color blind do? This is relying on the fact that we can all see colors. And, yes, believe it or not some people have monochromatic vision.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifath1234 View Post

You should not do that...for 2 reasons..

1) never place a device that exhaust heat in a closed space..this causes the heat to build up and can actually lead to damage.

2) I am not one for advocating radiation from phone's harm mostly to the head..but while it is minor, you shouldn't risk long time exposure if you don't have to.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You should not do that...for 2 reasons..

1) never place a device that exhaust heat in a closed space..this causes the heat to build up and can actually lead to damage.

2) I am not one for advocating radiation from phone's harm mostly to the head..but while it is minor, you shouldn't risk long time exposure if you don't have to.
but then how can we stop the voices in our head?

yea, its overheating, not as bad as the TP tho

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2