PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How satisfied were you with your Touch Pro?
It had a lot of problems and was worthy of an exchange/upgrade. 16 41.03%
It had minor problems, but not enough to seriosuly consider an exchange/upgrade. 8 20.51%
It had very little problems and was a great phone! 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Exclamation For those of you who went from a Touch Pro to a Touch Pro 2...

Did you hate your Touch Pro?

When I went in to switch out my phone I was surprisingly offered a Touch Pro 2. My TP's keyboard was not working and that was all. Other than that, I was completely satisfied with the phone over since I first got it when it came out.

The rep was saying how he can't wait till all of the Touch Pro's are off the street and they all are horrible devices. I felt, kind of, offended, lol. I loved my Touch Pro and rarely had any real problems with it.

I think because so many people messed up their Touch Pro's on purpose to get an exchange from either Sprint or Asurion so they can have the Touch Pro 2. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if that's why Sprint thinks the Touch Pro blows. But it doesn't (IMO), people just made it seem like that.

Did you have a ton amount of problems with your Touch Pro?
Are you having a lot of problems with your Touch Pro 2?

Last edited by TheLovatScout; 11-04-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: For those of you who went from a Touch Pro to a Touch Pro 2...

save for the ubiquitous keyboard problems, i had no issues with the phone. i loved it and showed it off as often as possible. i loved it but i have to say i love its little brother even more (especially since the hspl!)... now we just need more ROM development and diversity for me to be completely happy
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

well i had a vzw touch pro for a week, yeah surprised i kept it that long. but i am lovin my tp2. however with that aside...

i love the bigger screen and new keyboard. also, once again not sure if it was just vzw, but the quality of the tp2 seems so much better than the tp
Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The massive overheating of the TP2 and the subsequent disconnects of BT/GPS/Data that it caused were the only real issues I encountered (luckily it seems). But those happened quite often. I've never owned a phone that got as hot as my TP did.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

My TP was my baby, I just wanted another phone ASAP and they were giving me bs about either having to wait 1-2 weeks+ or get some other BS phones, which is when I opted to get the TP 2.

I'm starting to fall in love with this though too, Juicy's R2, Tellme, and 2.5 Manila with footprints have people fawning over my phone, and a ton of people think its some iphone until the keyboard slides out and the screen pops up. Some girl on campus even leaned over and started chatting me up because of how sick my baby is.

I didn't let her touch it.

The phone that is .
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I had a ton of problems with the touch pro and loved it anyway. It was a great phone with a ton of problems. The tp2 for me has been all the greatness of the tp1 in much better form. The tp2 is what the tp1 should have been from day 1...
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
The tp2 is what the tp1 should have been from day 1...
Didn't we say that with all phones though? I remember seeing people say the Mogul shoulda been the TPro.. now we say the Tpro shoulda been the TPro2
Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Once the novelty wore off with the screen, I never really liked my TP1. No hardware problems at all, but I hated the physical keyboard. I disliked the shape (square edges almost), and disliked the flush volume and power buttons.

I still love my TP2 after almost 3 months and have had no hardware problems -touch wood!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i love my tp i still have it.(not selling because of the bad rep it has)keyboard went out once and one now has been fine only used for about a month though.great phone if it wasnt for the tp1 i would not have bought a tp2
Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Pool needed one more option for me to be able to vote...had no hardware problems but didn't like it anyway!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2