PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

My stock Verizon rom had this cool feature when I press the end key when the screen is off, the screen would light up and say in the top corner "screen is off, press the top button to turn on". Anyway to get that back? I actually really like that feature.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: One of my favorite features is missing in the new rom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

My stock Verizon rom had this cool feature when I press the end key when the screen is off, the screen would light up and say in the top corner "screen is off, press the top button to turn on". Anyway to get that back? I actually really like that feature.
that would be a cool feature that now I want......lol
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to remind you the end key is not "backlight on"?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
to remind you the end key is not "backlight on"?
to remind you the screen if off...........
Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

isn't it just telling you that you hit the wrong button???
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can't you tell your screen is off by looking at it?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Can't you tell your screen is off by looking at it?
I didn't want to seem rude but ^
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know how I can add an alarm to my alarm clock to make sure I know it's set. Like a constant beeping.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I actually have thought about why they separated the power and screen off and I know why it's useful to me to have them separate....Have you ever needed to shut your phone off for something, (for instance, going into a long meeting but would like to conserve battery rather than just having it on silent and wasting battery) but you don't remember if you actually shut the phone off or not? Before, when the buttons were the same, to check the on/off status you would have to press the power/backlight on key and it would actually turn the phone on if it was off. You would have to wait for the phone to start up before you could shut it back down or take out the battery. In addition, if the volume was up (rather than vibrate or silent) and you had a startup sound you would be embarassed in the meeting. Now you can press the backlight key to see if the phone is on or not and if nothing happens you know it's off. Perhaps a visual aid as in what the the OP was refering to is just another way to verify the on/off status.

Last edited by wesscoggin; 11-03-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: clarity of babble
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Some of you may think looking at a black screen is telling that it's off, but for some, it's VERY confusing.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2