PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

badboy23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gettin a TP2 from Sprint

i always had problems with my TP and quite frankly i am sick of it. since my phone is on the f'ed side and i do not want the replacement TP or TP anymore and i cant afford a new phone, do you think Sprint will give me the TP 2 if i do alot of complaining.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor
Re: gettin a TP2 from Sprint

I honestly doubt it. they would usually replace your phone with something of equal value and if you're lucky, you get a free upgrade.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's always worth a try... I usually go into the store and take a passive approach and I usually get what I want. The guys that scream and threaten to leave are usually ignored. Those guys at the store are like warriors.... lol. They've seen and heard everything. If you are cool, they are cool right back. (except for a few who think they are bouncers or the occasional dragon beoch from hell) lol.
p.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl555 View Post
I honestly doubt it. they would usually replace your phone with something of equal value and if you're lucky, you get a free upgrade.
Incorrect.

I am currently sitting and talking on my brand new in box TP2 that I paid ZERO Dollars for with a ZERO Contract extension. Swapped out my TP1 for a TP2 through a service center.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...eplace+tp1+tp2

-Sayajin
Old 11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Technically yes, the touch pro can be replaced with either a BB Curve, BB Tour, Treo Pro or a TP2....but good luck finding somewhere that has a TP2. Care might, but stores dont
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

You have to give it a try, they had my TP2 free upgrade in the store within 24 hours!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Relock and flash stock if you haven't already. Take your phone in, describe the problems you've had calmly and concisely, emphasize the repetition of these problems and the inconvenience it has caused you to come in over and over. Tell them you've already hard reset the phone and confirmed it could not be software issues (They'll probably still look at it but whatever). Tell them you want out of this device and into another, mention seeing something about TP's being replaces with other models. They will look it up in the portal and find a service announcement allowing them to replace it with a list of phones. Consider your choices, order a TP2, rejoice that you only have to have your TP for 3-5 days and then go pick up your new baby. Lather, rinse, repeat.

EDIT: By relock and flash stock, I meant flash stock and relock. Just for clarification.

Last edited by HTCotta; 11-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i did it as did hundreds of people in the tp forum good luck
Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

badboy23 is a n00b

is it best to do it over the phone cuz sprint told me to make a claim cuz it has a crack. maybe i could ask for the TP2?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have you ever had your TP replaced for anything? An insurance claim isn't the best way to go about this, they will replace (in store!) with many of their high end devices if you have had issues with your TP. Example: I had my TP replaced 4 times for faulty keyboards and now I'm the proud owner of a TP2 at no cost to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2