PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone went from TP2 to Hero or considering it?

I got the TP2 because of its hardware keyboard however i started using the phone in landscape with HTC's software keyboard and it works suprisingly well. I've been wanting to go with the Android system and i'm tempted to switch...

I would have to switch my plan from SERO to Everything Plus and go from $30 to $60/month but I'll pick up Sprint Navi (hopefully Google Nav later on! when ANdroid 2.0 is released for the HERO) and unlimited minutes to mobile phones.

MightyROM is holding me on, i'm waiting for Manila 2.5 to be implemented.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: power pc? um my ps3 uses that.
Carrier: sprint - HTCTP2

nntb is a n00b
Re: Anyone went from TP2 to Hero or considering it?

i could have done that also but for me my cell phone is just a comunication device, i currently have a lower end samsung that works amazing as a phone and it can skype out to canada so i can call my girlfriend. however this has resulted in my minitues going over. i bought and am getting the touch pro 2 for only one reasion. windows mobile skype. i pay 8$ for 3 months of unlimited calling over data to canada and i know i could "hack" to get teathering on my cellphone, my laptop dosnt have bluetooth so skype on my laptop is not really a option. i did get in on the google voice beta and the idea that the htc hero can do data for google voice calls (not minitues) seems nice but overall 30$ a month is 720 USD for 2 years where as 60 is 1400 if its worth it to get those extra features, if you can aford that go for it. i am on sero becuase i dont use a phone that often. only to call my girlfriend really, i have a laptop and a ipod touch and a psp for mobile gaming apps ect ect, my phone is somthing that should be funtional and smooth. and easy to turn off when i visit canada as not to get insane charges.

to be honest my ideal phone is a 日本語けたい but those dont work on sprint, and when you unlock a phone for one of the gsm networks you lose the japanese service so there is no real point in doing it. besides pay by cellphone isnt even in the usa and nether is QR Codes for the most part. even with android and windows mobile our phone networks suck compared to japanese cellphones. not to mention the design japanese keitai are long and thin flip phones with insane megapixal cameras and high def tv on them. the panasonic viera cellphone has a plasma screen just look at this sharp cell phone http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/f...07a/index.html and tell me thats not somthing we over here in america or uk or whever would want >.< your unlimited data is basicly 40$ on docomo if you dont mind slow data, if you want fast data its around 100$ a month. however international roaming rates are insane. so it would cost me close to 300$ a month with international charges to have a japanese phone... with tons of features that i couldnt use... because i am not living in japan.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

AVakil is a n00b

Long version: Switching your plan from $30/mo to $60/mo for a phone should be considered a crime, punishable by catapult.

You have the best phone plan known to mankind. The way I see it, I'm likely on my last WM phone. When my 2 years are up, there will likely be an Android phone I can update to. By then, who knows what will be out for Android. It's still a new OS, and all new OSes need time for adoption and developers to get behind it.

Short version: You're crazy if you give up your SERO plan. I went nuts on a friend for doing that when he went to the instinct a while back...come on, seriously?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: power pc? um my ps3 uses that.
Carrier: sprint - HTCTP2

nntb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVakil View Post
Long version: Switching your plan from $30/mo to $60/mo for a phone should be considered a crime, punishable by catapult.

You have the best phone plan known to mankind. The way I see it, I'm likely on my last WM phone. When my 2 years are up, there will likely be an Android phone I can update to. By then, who knows what will be out for Android. It's still a new OS, and all new OSes need time for adoption and developers to get behind it.

Short version: You're crazy if you give up your SERO plan. I went nuts on a friend for doing that when he went to the instinct a while back...come on, seriously?
if i had a stedy form of income i would pay more for my cell service...

but i dont so i cant.

if it was not for SERO i wouldnt even have a cellphone. id just be skyping it up on wifi hotspots. and using email and msn and skype...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVakil View Post
I agree, me and my wife have a 700 minute share plan + my 15 dollar a month data (touch pro) for $85.00 per month. If i get the hero my smallest plan I can get is $69.99 for single or 129.99 for family. She doesnt care about data/email. I mean geez sprint you are making it really hard to get that phone. As long as i have unlimited data and dont buy the phone from them, I dont know why they give a crap. Anyways I am thinking Touch pro 2 and sticking with windows for now just cause its easier and I am familiar with the players.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I tried the hero and hated the on screen keyboard. A real keyboard is a must for me. I wasnt considering switching but adding the hero to my line up and it didnt make the cut.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

agameofyou is a n00b

A friend of mine was able to get the Hero w/out switching his plan. They originally added another line with the new plan but after much complaining and threatening to leave they let him keep it with his original plan. Obviously not the route for everyone but it can be done.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

My girl was thinking of getting a Hero or a Moment and if i really liked the OS i was thinking of switching with her, but if i got to give up my Sero plan in order to have either i am not gonna do it. I have not heard outstanding reviews from either one to warrent that. Seems like i will be keeping my Sero plan until they stop making WM pda's.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ahhh perspective.........
Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I wouldn't give up my SERO plan for a device unless Sprint was no longer going to support my plan on any of the newer devices.

I love the Hero, but I like my TP2 better anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2