PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Just got a random restart... Has anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
There was a problem with QuickGPS downloading bogus data that would cause any GPS application to reboot the phone.

To resolve it some folks put an stable xtra.bin in \Windows and \Temp with a CURRENT DATE. Disabled QuickGPS auto updates of ALL kinds. And reboot. Search diamond or touch pro forums for more info. It seems to have cleared up but the issue may still be lurking. It's very TIME dependent. Same data data file might be ok today broken tomorrow or visa versa.

GPS will work without up to date data from QuiockGPS it just may take a bit longer to lock.

You may have to set QuickGPS service to manual too.

Here is the Diamond thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=xtra.bin
So the Verizon, Tmobile and Telus who don't seem to be having this issue don't have QuickGPS? only sprint has it?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Look in \Windows and see if xtra.bin with a recent date exists. If it does you are running QuickGPS. It's been running out of the box for me and I never even started the QuickGPS app.

There may be other ways of getting the same bogus data into your GPS that will crash it. I you are rebooting on GPS apps I suspect it is the same issue Diamond and Touch Pro has had to deal with it.

That said with stock ROM QuickGPS seems to be doing fine no reboots yet. Their I just jynxed myself.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

I've had 5 restarts in about 3 weeks running stock ROM and radio on Sprint. So far every time it has happened I was streaming audio on TCPMP while using a cigarette lighter charger and the 3.5mm audio connector to the car. Last couple times I noticed that after it reset I couldn't get any audio output from the speaker or via the 3.5mm jack, but BT A2DP worked OK. A soft reset restored the audio. Last time I noticed that a soft reset would not restore the audio unless I disconnected the 3.5mm connection first. I don't know if this has anything to do with the cause of the restart or just a related anomaly.

I have used the QuickGPS and will try to keep track to see if there is any correlation to the random resets. I typically use the TP2 all day long indoors for a data connection and it hasn't reset during those times.

I'm also curious to see if it's radio related as this problem only seems to be affecting the Sprint versions. My Mogul never restarted like this.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

Just had another one today. The frequency seems to be increasing. It's getting close to one per day. Today is was while streaming via bluetooth. Every time it has been running TCPMP, so it might be related to that too in my case.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Running Mightyrom 12.19.09, just had my first random restart. I am streaming Sirius WM6 via WIFI with the screen off using shutxp so my wireless connection doesn't die. It is plugged into the AC power as well.

Music stopped and I looked down and I saw the boot screen.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

fakereal is a n00b

I am running stock rom with radio: 1.96.00WF, phone would restart by itself while using google map also while not using google map, it has restarted during AIM chat or just plain web browsing. Went to Sprint store today to complain and 1hr later, the tech says there is absolutely nothing wrong with your phone and refuses to exchange it for another....

my sprint touch pro 2 would also randomly restarts itself while using a custom rom...

So has anyone figure got any clue as to why this is yet?

Last edited by fakereal; 12-29-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jweek is a n00b

I have been seeing these periodically as well - i'm wondering if it has to do with running out of memory?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro

Asperanza01 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Asperanza01
Talking Re: Just got a random restart... Has anyone else?

WOW this is the first time i post u guys do suck a great job that i find all my answers in the fourms here and at xda so i have had the same issue random restarts using radio 1.96.00WF and energyrm I have noticed it's when my singal drops really low and i'm using the data connection and it resets its self. Now lastnight I reloaded the stock rom for sprint and will see how it goes I think it has to do with CDMA and GSM cause it's looking for a network when it drops that low. I also have it resetting my FM reciver to play the phone over my radio it also charges the phone and it kicks the device out and i have to unplug it and re plug it in to get it back. it's all bothersome but other wise everything else is great so far
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I have not seen this once on the Touch Pro 2. Stock, Mighty ROM or Energy ROMs. I've mostly run Energy ROMs.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

add me to the list. 1 so far. happened while i was on this forum. my devices cpu mem always starts off high. how can i lower ir?
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2