PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

gd761 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got a random restart... Has anyone else?

I have had about 7 random restarts since I had it. I have had it now for a little over a month. Some times it restarted while I was working on the phone. And at other times it restarted while it was just sitting on the table for over an hour of not being touched. As soon as it happened, I checked my wifes phone to see if the signal in my area had faded or not and it didn't. I figurde that might be the problem, but it wasn't. I have the stock ROM on my phone and had hacked it and put a bunch of software on it. I figured that might be the problem also, so I hard reset my phone and waited for about 2 weeks and it happened again with nothing installed on the phone and with it being the same way as just taken out of the box. I didn't even sync it with the computer to see if that might also be a reason for this, but it still wasn't. So far it has been 1 week since I reloaded all the software and no resets yet.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

0 restarts here......... Had it for like 2 months...
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

scottmail is becoming a great contributor

I had 5 random restarts yesterday, but only 1 today. 2 of the 5 times my phone was just sitting there, then restarted with 0 interaction or button pressing.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmail View Post
I had 5 random restarts yesterday, but only 1 today. 2 of the 5 times my phone was just sitting there, then restarted with 0 interaction or button pressing.

just out of curiosity what rom are you running?

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well its definitely an issue..the cause though is hard to pin point..I wonder if

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb680409.aspx

will capture it if its an error :/..but then it may be at a low level.

It is unusual for a device to restart rather then say hang or output some sort of failure message.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've seen my Touch Pro restart itself once or twice without me touching it...
I think it was possessed actually.

So far the TP2 is rock solid.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Just in case, for those that had restarts and those that don't, what radio versions are you using?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
0 restarts here......... Had it for like 2 months...
same here, have had mine for almost 2 months and have never had a single freeze or random reset. its stock 6.1 still, but i have modified it quite a bit. i am truly surprised nothing has happened.

however i now feel i have jinxed myself for posting that in this thread....i can feel a random reset coming...

hopefully this is not a hardware issue for those having the resets

EDIT: Radio 1.88.07WV

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 11-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Well since my phone reset itself AGAIN for the 3rd time today my radio is:

Radio 1.96.00WV and it has Restarts

Also by going back posts I noticed only Sprint mention restarts and so far VZW and Tmobile claimed to have no restarts.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

i get one every few days, ill notice my BT handfee says "your phone is not connected" and sure enough the phone is restarting. this was with the stock rom, dont recall it happening with mighty's rom, ill have to keep an eye out.

was kinda thrown off when it first happened as my touch pro never restarted its self. seems fine and im not the only one so i feel better lol.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2