PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My TP2 is slow / Memory? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94398)

george919 11-03-2009 12:12 PM

My TP2 is slow / Memory?

MY TP2 is running very slow and it is difficult to navigate. I checked the task manager and there are no programs running. I get the following when checking memory:

Total: 183.33
In Use: 116.75
Free: 66.58

I only have 2 clean up cabs installed:

1) Manilla NoPushInternet
2) SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy

What can be the problem?

AZTECHKA 11-03-2009 12:20 PM

Re: My TP2 is slow / Memory?

That's a pretty clean setup... There should be no reason to be slow.
Is this a brand new phone? (like days old). You may want to do a hard reset and start fresh. I usually hard reset my phone right out of the box.
I hope you can figure out the problem.
p.

george919 11-03-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1294001)
That's a pretty clean setup... There should be no reason to be slow.
Is this a brand new phone? (like days old). You may want to do a hard reset and start fresh. I usually hard reset my phone right out of the box.
I hope you can figure out the problem.
p.

Hi, yes it is a brand new phone (3 weeks old). I did a hard reset prior to installing those cabs. I do not want to hard reset but if I must I will. (sigh)

AZTECHKA 11-03-2009 12:56 PM

Don't do that yet. I am sure someone here will have a better idea. I was just asking questions to try to narrow down the prob.
Any ideas from others?

Gorby 11-03-2009 12:59 PM

Do you have a lot of SMS/MMS messages on it? Do you have a lot of emails? I have seen posts that large amount of either one of those could cause some slow down. I know you said it is almost new but you'd be surprised how many messages some people can send and store in 3 weeks. :)

subzero1313 11-03-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorby (Post 1294118)
Do you have a lot of SMS/MMS messages on it? Do you have a lot of emails? I have seen posts that large amount of either one of those could cause some slow down. I know you said it is almost new but you'd be surprised how many messages some people can send and store in 3 weeks. :)

I used to hit 10-15k texts in about 3 weeks :x

sho95 11-03-2009 01:02 PM

Have you tried doing a softreset?

pauldehoyos

I just got my replacement phone this weekend and should be getting my screen protector today and before I start using it would like to know how do a HARD RESET?

AZTECHKA 11-03-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho95 (Post 1294127)

pauldehoyos

I just got my replacement phone this weekend and should be getting my screen protector today and before I start using it would like to know how do a HARD RESET?

SHO95>>> this is for sprint. Sorry. That's what I have so I assumed.
I will get you the Verizon version.
p.

First turn off your phone... (or remove the battery it's quicker)
1. Press and hold the Talk/Send key & the End/Hang up key (press and hold them down...
2. While the Talk and End Key are being held down, simultaneously press and hold the power key (on top of phone).
3. Screen should light up wait a few second, the phone will instruct you to press the volume up key to reset the phone or any other key to cancel the the transaction.... press the volume up key and you are hard reset.
p.

AZTECHKA 11-03-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho95 (Post 1294127)

pauldehoyos

Sho... So it looks like for Verizon TP2 it goes like this...

To perform a hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.
Wiping user data/settings & any user installed applications... 1. Press VolUP to restore manufacturer default.2. Press VolDown to restore custom configuration.3. Press other keys to cancel.
2. Release the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to restore the operating system to the factory default configuration, press the VOLUME DOWN button to restore the factory default configuration and remove any operator customization, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

I found this on this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84405 looks like he got it off the Verizon manual.

p.

heath2805 11-03-2009 01:52 PM

The stock tp2 is very bloated anyway, since I've installed MightyRom I get:
... 98.58 of Program Memory Free