PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Deggree is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Deggree
Exclamation What's with the A/V on Sprint TP2???

Okay so let me just start by saying I love my Sprint TP2 and I love PPCGeeks.com really that's from the bottom you know the deep down in there. I'd also like to throw in that I'm very aware of the thread on the TP2's lack of up to date drivers and video playback setbacks as some have called or described. HOWEVER I have NOT seen anyone at least thus far make specific mention of the particular issue that I'm having. When I record video using my device the audio never syncs up correctly. It's actually horrible about 2 seconds behind. Now I'm a researcher, it's something I actually enjoy it's the hunt you could say for the info like a hungry wolf on the scent of a furry little bunny rabbit. And I troubleshoot ALOT it's the best way for me to learn. But on this one I am truely stumped. A little history on my experience go's as such.

1: The day I got the device brand new out the box I had this problem stock rom 1gig sd card in with nothing on it.

2: Hard reset instantly after the experience just to be sure. Phone reboots try again still no luck audio's behind about 1 to 1.5 sec's

3. Installed At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver (Hooray I'm saved) soft reset still same results (tried both storage card and main memory)

4. Then I thought maybe it's my card so I upgraded to 16gig put the brand new card in with nothing on it, recored a video same thing audio lag

.....At this point I'm think'in is it just MY device? Lord please don't let me have a defective $500.00 piece of hardware. My heart can't take it. Meanwhile the release of the HSPL is on the horizon and people are already announcing custom roms so I figure I'll just wait till I flash a rom. I figure whatever cab, setting, or file I don't know about is sure to be in SOMEONE'S custom rom. Fast foward.....

5. HSPL comes out, I flash 3 different Rhodium CDMA rom's Mighty Mikes, Juicy's, and the Leo Energy ROM stable build the one recomended can't think of the build number right now but (Which I'm currently running with the D3D driver installed on the device memory) same result with all 3. Although with my current setup lag has been decreased by about half a second (or I could just be reaching mentally) it's still a noticable 1sec. delay in the audio.

So my question is A. Is there ANYONE who is also having this problem? (If you don't know, NOW would be the time to shoot some video and see lol)

B. Is there ANY performace cab. fix or method that anyone knows of that may help/resolve the issue?

C. Is this limited to the cdma or sprint version of this device?

1 last thing I've also opened the video files in other media playback apps such as Kinoma TCMP and Coreplayer which I'm currently using all with the same result about a 1 second delay in the audio.

Any help of ANY kind would be LIFE altering at this point! if the issue cannot be resolved I at least need some closure Thanks to any and all of you in advance. -3rd-
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: power pc? um my ps3 uses that.
Carrier: sprint - HTCTP2

nntb is a n00b
Re: What's with the A/V on Sprint TP2???

could you upload a file on rapid share so i could take a look on mpc using cccp maybe its your playback software?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Deggree is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nntb View Post
could you upload a file on rapid share so i could take a look on mpc using cccp maybe its your playback software?

yea one sec....here you go http://rapidshare.com/files/30182144..._test.mp4.html
PS disreguard my randomness lol

Last edited by Deggree; 11-03-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Deggree is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nntb View Post

Soooooooo any luck?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I saw the video, and the first time I played it it didn't seem so bad, so I tried a second time, and I see what you mean, it's noticeably out of sync.

I just made a test video with my Verizon TP2, and it's also out of sync. I wonder what the problem is!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Oh... Crappp....
It's contagious!
p.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

hmmmm.... I just made another test video, and it's out of sync in WMP and HTC player, but plays fine in Coreplayer. Do you get the same thing?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Deggree is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
hmmmm.... I just made another test video, and it's out of sync in WMP and HTC player, but plays fine in Coreplayer. Do you get the same thing?

Yea I got the same thing my coreplayer plays it just well enough to not be a bother but both the stock players are out of sync for me. I wish more people would tes and post so we can see how isolated or UNisolated this situation is because I know everyone doesn't have or want to pay for coreplayer just 2 get something working on there device that should be working for free to begin with.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm confused- forget how it plays on the phone, does the file play properly on your desktop? Is it the file that is out of sync, or is it the player that is *playing it* like that?

It could just simply be a poorly designed HTC video recorder app, that is just interleaving the audio incorrectly. In which case, there is nothing wrong with your D3D or video performance- its playing back the file exactly the way it should!

The solution then would be to use some third party camera applications, such as AtekSoft's coolcam (not sure if it supports TP2 yet, but its a pretty powerful app).
Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Mine seem decent. I dont cover either mic just in case it would block audio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
audio sync, d3d, driver, lag, recording