PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Taskbar - Headphone shows that it is still connected

I'm having an issue where the headphone indicator on the taskbar remains on even when the headphones are unplugged. The strange thing is that this is carrying over through a hard reset. Since I unplugged my headphones a few days ago the indicator has not gone away. Since then I have flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, hard reset twice, flashed NRG's Photon ROM, hard reset, the stock Sprint ROM again, hard reset, and Mighty Mike's latest ROM (hard reset twice.)

I've also tried plugging the headphones back and and removing them again with no luck. The indicator is still on.

When I play music, no sound comes out of the speaker any more either.

Any ideas?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Taskbar - Headphone shows that it is still connected

Dude... That's a tough one.
If it's carrying over even after hard reset... You may very well have a faulty headphone jack. It's somehow detecting the headphone plug in there even though it's not.
Warranty replacement?
Sorry bro...That's all I've got...
Maybe someone else has a good solution.
p.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm beginning to think you're right. I was listening to MP3's through the headphones a few minutes ago. I noticed that even plugging in or unplugging the headphones triggers the phone to activate call the last number in my call history. Has anyone else had this type of issue?

Are the headphone jacks in these phones just defective? It worked fine at first. All I've done is plug in and unplug headphones maybe 10 or 20 times since I've owned this phone before I noticed the issue.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am kind of having the same issue....i do not listen to too much music via my phone, but when they phone is locked it show that i have head phone plugged in and i have not plugged in wired headphones since i got my phone....

i would love to know how to get that off my task bar as well..

thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

i read somewhere else that someone plugged in the headphones and spun it around a couple times and it fixed the problem. they assumed they had some debris lodged inside it

Edit:
found a similar thread. not sure where i read about the other solution but here the OP had a sensor messed up and got it fixed at their local store. someone else said they fixed their problem themselves. i'd say try your provider store first tho
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=headphone

Last edited by kern417; 11-16-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, there's a latch inside there that gets pushed up when headphones are put in. it just hasn't come back down yet. You can usually jar it free by putting the headphones in and out rapidly a few times.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Yeah, there's a latch inside there that gets pushed up when headphones are put in. it just hasn't come back down yet. You can usually jar it free by putting the headphones in and out rapidly a few times.
Thanks. That actually makes sense. I plugged in and unplugged the headphones a few times with no effect. I used two different sets of headphones.

After work I stopped by the Sprint store and they put a new phone on order for me. The associate who assisted me verified that they're sending a "new" phone and not a refurb. Their refurb warehouse must not be full yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2