PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone laying on back to quiet? Make it Louder!

So I am sure many people have noticed when the tp2 is sitting on its back, say on a table, and the ringer goes off it is muffled. well, you can thank htc for being "smart" enough to design the back cover that way.

Now, how to fix it. This is a very simple and reversible fix to make your tp2 sound as if it was laying face down on the screen, gah!

1. First you need to go buy some of those round felt/sticky things you apply to furniture legs and the bottoms of rough objects so they won't scratch things. However you want small ones! so find some that are about .25 to .375 in in diameter and as thin as possible.

2. Next cut one in half leaving the sticky protector on.

3. Now take the two half and apply them right below the speakers on the back of you tp2. if you find black felt thingys they will match the black on the cover (at least for vzw)

Now your tp2 will sound 10x* louder when laying on its back (on a hard surface)!!

Only one know side effect - if you pop the keyboard out and tilt the screen up then set the phone down it will tip back ever so slightly. but this is due to where i have applied the felt thingys. i am sure if you play with the placement you can remedy this. as i do not use my tp2 like that i had no reason to move them

Hope this helps some audibly disgruntled people

*dbs were not actually measured....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Phone laying on back to quiet? Make it Louder!

good thinking, could also prevent scratching!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

sho95 is just getting started

Or you can drill some holes: check red dots
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho95 View Post
Or you can drill some holes: check red dots
hmmm, that's not a bad idea either, i suppose the holes would allow the sound to escape rather than just at the speaker grid. however since i only have one back cover i decided do try something less permanent and easily reversible.

another idea, but permanent, would be to take a soldering iron (with a small rounded tip) and press it lightly from the backside of the back cover. this would take skill and good planning to get things lined up. but you may essentially be able to create tiny dimples that bulge out on the face of the back cover. but i wouldn't dare try this on my only back cover. there is a possibility the cover won't deform correctly, or if you push too hard, well, then i guess you end up with some bulges and holes, hah!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BethyM is just getting started

Clever idea!! When I had the 'trial' of Navigation I tried to use it in the car and it was USELESS because I'd set the phone on my sticky pad on the dash and then couldn't hear a thing. Crazy annoying! Clever solution! +1 for you
Old 11-04-2009, 05:24 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually find the sound quit loud when its laying on its back because the sound seems to bounce off the table. Wierd annalagy I know, but thats what Ive come up with...lol
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I actually find the sound quit loud when its laying on its back because the sound seems to bounce off the table. Wierd annalagy I know, but thats what Ive come up with...lol
You probably don't have it completely flat on the table. A slight lift on a corner will unblock the speaker and will sound normal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2