PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-flash checklist

i use pim backup

hmm, so can anyone tell me why we should hard reset after flashing a new ROM? Is this just speculative and assumed that it will make things better or is there any proof? Same thing with people saying to hard reset the phone after you buy it... I didn't do that and mine ran great and never locked up once, so not sure what the big deal was there...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i use pim backup

hmm, so can anyone tell me why we should hard reset after flashing a new ROM? Is this just speculative and assumed that it will make things better or is there any proof? Same thing with people saying to hard reset the phone after you buy it... I didn't do that and mine ran great and never locked up once, so not sure what the big deal was there...
Hard reset after you get a phone could be to wipe any malicious or other's personal information off the phone? But I'm just speculating.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
Hard reset after you get a phone could be to wipe any malicious or other's personal information off the phone? But I'm just speculating.
nah i mean new in box... people say to hard reset and it will fix issues. a lot of people said this for the touch pro and they seemed to continue the sentiment with the tp2.

but i mainly want to know why people say to hard reset after flashing... is it for the same reason or is there a specific reason newly flashed roms need a good hard reset? I don't like flashing too often, so i'd rather not hard reset unless there's a good reason. thanks.

edit: i just checked in the energy leo ROM thread by nrgz.... the main person answering questions for everyone, ACE, had this to say to hard resetting after a flash... "No need to do a hard reset. Just flash and go."

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 11-03-2009 at 09:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Some people that haven't hard reset after a new flash have complained of some files being left over from the previous flash. I have never investigated this so I just hard reset after every flash just to be sure.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

journey is a n00b
Angry Re: Pre-flash checklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
Have you used myphone? If so would you mind posting a tutorial in here with how to backup and restore?
I did not take any screen shots or write the steps but from what I remember, it was pretty straightforward.

I have learned one of the downsides to using 'my phone'. I installed and sync'd up with myphone. I forget whether I performed a hard reset or installed a new ROM (most likely). I used myphone to restore all the data to my phone. Well, the next time I sync'ed with my windows PC, I ended up with duplicates of nearly everyone contact and most / many calendar events. I was not happy...

myphone has been disabled on my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2