PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

EvanWasHere is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone feel like doing a review of the ROMs out now?

Looking for a reviews of the ROMs out now. Maybe including:

1.) Apps pre installed with ROM
2.) Special configurations special for the ROM
3.) Smoothness of Touchflo
4.) Glitches or current bugs
5.) Your rating 1-10 (10 being the best) of the ROM including why

Please include the date or version of the ROM you are using, as well as how long you are using it. Also, include your service provider.

I appreciate all the great works all the ROM chefs are doing out there... Just don't want to spend a day trying each and every ROM there is, when I can get advice from the community here.

Last edited by EvanWasHere; 11-01-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Anyone feel like doing a review of the ROMs out now?

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why? this is about cooked roms not general info
Old 11-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Because if you read the rules, you'd know that forum is for ROM, kitchen, and radio releases only. Anyways, where's the fun in reading about a ROM? Just flash 'em! Play with it, don't like it? Flash back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Posted by mindfrost82

To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.

If you have a question about a specific ROM/Radio/Kitchen, then please post it in the appropriate thread.

ALL other threads should be the the device's forum (for example, those related to hardware, GPS, bluetooth, etc).

If you have a reg edit or tweak...if it applies to multiple devices, then please post it in the 'PPC Registry Tweaks' forum and list which devices its compatible with. If it is device specific, then post it in the device forum, NOT the Upgrades forums.

If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it.

Thats why.....

But only you will find the true great rom you seek. There are pros and cons for each. This is a good pretty good idea though.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
why? this is about cooked roms not general info
why are you like this? don't you have something better to do than to post 50 msgs about how this post should be in the cooked roms forum? this has been reported.

Last edited by obamaftw08; 11-01-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

EvanWasHere is just getting started

I still feel since this is related to ROMs and only to ROMs, it should be in the ROM forum, but I'll stage my protest later.

As for trying the ROMs myself, I just don't have the time or patience to try all of them. That's why I was looking for a consolidation of reviews for everyone that has tried the different ROMs.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

your post is not a RELEASE of a rom/kitchen or radio thats why it was moved not to hard to figure out bud.

Quote:
As for trying the ROMs myself, I just don't have the time or patience to try all of them. That's why I was looking for a consolidation of reviews for everyone that has tried the different ROMs.
so u want us to do the work for u lol?

a rom that i like you might hate and vice versa each user has different ways that they use thier phones. there really arent that many out right now so as far as trying them all flash one a day for a week. flashing takes what 15 minutes. set aside 30 mins each day for a week and figure out which is best for u
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamaftw08 View Post
why are you like this? don't you have something better to do than to post 50 msgs about how this post should be in the cooked roms forum? this has been reported.
I thought he would get the hint after I made this post but I guess not:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...25&postcount=6

As for the topic, considering how much work it entails to reconfigure the phone the way you want it, I wouldn't expect someone to test out multiple ROM's just yet. Maybe a week or so, I'd suspect.

Then again, you never know with these geeks
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

leviisbigred is a n00b

wow so much hate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2