PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Where's my clean ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94263)

mdphoenix 11-02-2009 08:05 PM

Where's my clean ROM?

Any one of you master chefs gonna make a clean ROM? I'm talkin' just the basics. Youtube, Voice Command, Stable Bluetooth stack, all the tweaks and fixes that makes this fantastic phone all that much better? No Manila, no Titanium. Just Windows with the bare necessities so I can add whatever I want to it?

Hell, how about cooking a Mobile Shell 3.5 ROM?

Yeah, I know.. "you want one, go make it yourself". Welp, that's not what I do. So I thought I'd ask one of the genii out there to do it for me.

PropagandaX 11-02-2009 10:41 PM

Re: Where's my clean ROM?

When its availible download JDs Rom............this is usually his style.

2k4mach 11-02-2009 10:49 PM

why not grab erices kitchen and make your own clean rom?

its not that hard to cook your own up

mdphoenix 11-02-2009 10:50 PM

JDs... thanks. I'll wait patiently for it.

Erice.. I checked out the kitchen today. First off, I really don't like the new kitchen, but that doesn't affect the ROM. It's not made to run on Verizon. I guess I could play with it and perform some testing.

silverkorn 11-02-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 1291655)
Any one of you master chefs gonna make a clean ROM? I'm talkin' just the basics. Youtube, Voice Command, Stable Bluetooth stack, all the tweaks and fixes that makes this fantastic phone all that much better? No Manila, no Titanium. Just Windows with the bare necessities so I can add whatever I want to it?

Yeah, I know.. "you want one, go make it yourself". Welp, that's not what I do. So I thought I'd ask one of the genii out there to do it for me.

that is the one thing i miss from the days of my Titan with DCD's roms

MrGoodCat 11-02-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

i'd check out ssk3.0. right now its in alpha with only 6.1, and 6.5 in beta. but as soon as a final version is done this will be the way to go. its what i am waiting for.

his kitchens are carrier specific, ie he has one for verizon and a separate one for sprint, a definite plus in my opinion. if you are itchin to try something dl his vzw kitchen and play around with it. i am new to this as well but it seems very basic and intuitive

here is a link to his site
http://sskusers.net/

mdphoenix 11-02-2009 11:56 PM

I love Scott's kitchens. I used the hell out of it for my TP. I checked him out today and saw they were in beta.

I'm staying tuned!

Nagrom Nniuq 11-05-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

I'll have a completely stripped clean ROM soon, however, what you described isn't clean... MS3.5 is added stuff, so is YouTube. So, if you want that stuff and tweaks, look at a custom non-clean ROM.

freeza 11-05-2009 03:01 AM

Clean roms fTW!!!!

jake332 11-05-2009 03:13 AM

Me too. Waiting for a clean rom so i can add my mobile shell 3.5. I am memory obsessed