PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94246)

dodgeboy 11-02-2009 06:59 PM

Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack?

Now that the ROMs are starting to flow to the public, I was wondering if any of the chefs have this planned for the future?

Due to the problems a lot of us are having, this would be awesome!!

chachy7777777 11-02-2009 07:03 PM

Re: Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack?

+1.
MS BT stack is much needed.

the3rd 11-02-2009 07:21 PM

ill add to this. +1000

amw1972 11-02-2009 07:32 PM

bumpity bump bump bump +1 to this

djhustla 11-02-2009 08:29 PM

I'm in!

raidzero 11-02-2009 08:39 PM

is that something that can just be cooked in? I am working on a tp2 kitchen/rom but cannot get my BT to do anything at all.. I would love to try another stack, anyone know where to get it? are there drivers that work with it?

mdphoenix 11-02-2009 08:40 PM

I'd like it as well, but I gotta tell you, I love the interface for the new Bluetooth controls. Is that married to the Widcomm stack?

gutrrob 11-02-2009 09:41 PM

There is nothing wrong with the BT stack on the TP2, I for one do not have any problems connecting it to my 4 BT devices, As a matter of fact I think its better than the MS version because one it has better options such as save incoming beams to storage card, 2 more user finger-friendly. I remember with my TP running MS BT stack my moto S9 would shutter with the youtube app and watching movies but thats not a problem with the Widcomm stack.

I haven't heard of any problems, Can someone enlighten me

jsgross 11-02-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1292023)
There is nothing wrong with the BT stack on the TP2, I for one do not have any problems connecting it to my 4 BT devices, As a matter of fact I think its better than the MS version because one it has better options such as save incoming beams to storage card, 2 more user finger-friendly. I remember with my TP running MS BT stack my moto S9 would shutter with the youtube app and watching movies but thats not a problem with the Widcomm stack.

Especially with car kits (bluetooth), there are hangup problems and the biggest one, in my opinion, is that it slows down the entire phone so that it is not usuable for anything.

the3rd 11-02-2009 10:11 PM

I can't hang up on my Jawbone 2 or Prime, Motorola, nor my in car speakerphone. I can't use the thing with bluetooth sync on my Parrott SK4000 motorcycle unit because it won't sync contacts, pickup, nor hangup. I also have Blueant Bluetooth headphones that can't use the pause or song skip features but with my touch pro all of these devices work PERFECTLY and now I have hundreds of dollars of devices that don't work in the roles that I bought them for. I also can't do Bluetooth internet sharing. The interface is prettier but I could care less, I want functionality.

Quote:

gutrrob 11-02-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the3rd (Post 1292150)
I can't hang up on my Jawbone 2 or Prime, Motorola, nor my in car speakerphone. I can't use the thing with bluetooth sync on my Parrott SK4000 motorcycle unit because it won't sync contacts, pickup, nor hangup. I also have Blueant Bluetooth headphones that can't use the pause or song skip features but with my touch pro all of these devices work PERFECTLY and now I have hundreds of dollars of devices that don't work in the roles that I bought them for. I also can't do Bluetooth internet sharing. The interface is prettier but I could care less, I want functionality.

Really!!! My jawbone 2 hangs up fine and my Moto S9's also work good, Im able to skip songs, pause songs and answer/hangup calls.
That sucks for you, are you sure it not a tweak or hack causing it

the3rd 11-02-2009 10:28 PM

All on stock firmware with zero tweaks as I knew I would be flashing eventually. Haven't tried with any flashed roms yet as I just unlocked and flashed a rom about an hour ago hoping to get better results. Was giving unlocker and roms a couple of days to make sure no major problems cropped up on the initial releasea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1292183)
Really!!! My jawbone 2 hangs up fine and my Moto S9's also work good, im able to skip songs, pause songs answer/hangup calls.
That sucks for you, are you sure it not a tweak or hack causing it

the3rd 11-02-2009 10:35 PM

Just made the rounds and tried. No difference with Mightyrom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the3rd (Post 1292199)
All on stock firmware with zero tweaks as I knew I would be flashing eventually. Haven't tried with any flashed roms yet as I just unlocked and flashed a rom about an hour ago hoping to get better results. Was giving unlocker and roms a couple of days to make sure no major problems cropped up on the initial releasea.

Boo Boo 11-02-2009 10:41 PM

anyone try deleting the htc bluetooth and see if the ms one comes on by default?

helix139 11-02-2009 11:03 PM

+10000000

I'm having the hangup problems on my Jawbone prime, not to mention the ridiculously slow to open bluetooth channel for Voice Command (when that works).

Scrosler has said he may work on putting an MS stack in in the future.

helix139 11-02-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1292247)
anyone try deleting the htc bluetooth and see if the ms one comes on by default?

Won't work. Juicy has said the MS files are not there.

Boo Boo 11-02-2009 11:22 PM

if the call lasts 10 seconds or so you can turn it off from the bluetooth otherwise it never hangs up. we need this fixed htc

WisdomWolfX 11-03-2009 12:14 AM

I have to agree with this. I have all kinds of hang up problems with my pioneer car unit.

sumo911 11-03-2009 12:18 AM

I dont use a BT headset, but I do miss using my TP as a bluetooth mouse/keyboard on the PS3. :(

mdphoenix 11-03-2009 12:26 AM

I've discovered that the button needs to be pressed once. The first time it's pressed to hang up, I guess it establishes some sort of connection that tells the phone to accept commands. The second time I press it, it will hang up. If I wait about 8 seconds to press it a second time, the hang up is immediate. If I press it twice in a row, it waits about 8 seconds to hang up. Seems like it's taking a while for phone to get the info from the device.

dodgeboy 11-03-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.

Boo Boo 11-03-2009 10:12 AM

makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD

krohnjw 11-03-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1293630)
makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD

I can't imagine it will be the "downfall" of a device as a software update using the MS bluetooth stack or an improved HTC BT stack should resolve the issues. It's not the hardware at fault it seems, rather the implemented stack (software).

With that said I am one of the few experiencing none of the above issues with either my BT headset(Nokia BH-600) or my head unit (Clarion). Using both handsfree and wireless stereo options I don't see the slowdowns on the device or the hangup issues.

Boo Boo 11-03-2009 11:45 AM

the tp has software issues that never have been resolved.

JZ* 11-03-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 1293465)
There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.

I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify :disgust::scratch:

rebelshadow 11-28-2009 04:56 PM

Just a heads up that Calkulin's v1.1 kitchen is now working perfectly with BT and solved the hang up problem. His v1.1 kitchen is now build 21882

dodgeboy 11-28-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZ* (Post 1294023)
I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify :disgust::scratch:

This is fantastic news! Can anyone else confirm that it fixed it with their phone?

Dave

dodgeboy 11-29-2009 12:56 PM

Boo. It looks like he took v1.1 down before I got a chance to download it.

csa02221862 11-29-2009 01:08 PM

Originally I had the BT issues (Verizon TP2 and Jawbone Prime) but after flashing the latest MightyROM all seems well. It now hangs up immediately on first press. Slowly working to add and test the ‘voice’ options.

meatgel 11-29-2009 01:29 PM

It seems most, if not all, of the chefs are using the new stack from the USC ROM dump ... which fixes the problem. So, flash any of the ROMs you want.

CMeys 11-29-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1371164)
It seems most, if not all, of the chefs are using the new stack from the USC ROM dump ... which fixes the problem. So, flash any of the ROMs you want.

Does incoming voice announcement from MSVC over BT work with these ROMs?

dodgeboy 11-30-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1371164)

I just tried MightRom 11/25, and my phone still has pairing issues. If I could get the damn thing to pair, I would test the hangup problem. My TP1 (unactivated) still pairs just fine.

Dave

glittler 11-30-2009 03:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i hope it doesn't "fix" the problem I have where my music sounds amazing through BT whereas it didn't on my TP but then again it doesnt sound great on Juicys Rom only NRG's, god bless that man

fearroyo 11-30-2009 03:18 PM

Glad we can hangup calls. Now if the ringtone and/or voicecommand would come through the BT headset, it would be perfect. But I suspect this will be on a case by case based on the type of BT headset.

CMeys 11-30-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearroyo (Post 1374101)
Glad we can hangup calls. Now if the ringtone and/or voicecommand would come through the BT headset, it would be perfect. But I suspect this will be on a case by case based on the type of BT headset.

Has anyone gotten the ringtone or incoming call announcement from voice comand to work with one of these Roms?

amw1972 11-30-2009 05:43 PM

I use the Jawbone Prime...the phone rings...and I get the stock ringtone that's built into the headset.

Used MSVC this morning...no prob...using VC to start Tellme (no prob)...telling TellMe to text a contact (no prob)...speech to text (no prob)...(think the text went out later...but will investigate this issue probably TellMe related)

Hang up calls from BT controls (no problem)

Using BT audio, Telenav turn by turn announcements works great...audio from a movie playing thru Coreplayer (no prob)

Have yet to get a text announcement thru MSVC...will report when that happens

Am running a custom ROM built from Calkulin's visual kitchen WM6.5.3 build 28005

dodgeboy 12-02-2009 11:33 AM

I was finally able to pair my device with U-Connect and confirmed that I can indeed now hang up the phone. Sweet!