PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
There is nothing wrong with the BT stack on the TP2, I for one do not have any problems connecting it to my 4 BT devices, As a matter of fact I think its better than the MS version because one it has better options such as save incoming beams to storage card, 2 more user finger-friendly. I remember with my TP running MS BT stack my moto S9 would shutter with the youtube app and watching movies but thats not a problem with the Widcomm stack.

I haven't heard of any problems, Can someone enlighten me
There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD
I can't imagine it will be the "downfall" of a device as a software update using the MS bluetooth stack or an improved HTC BT stack should resolve the issues. It's not the hardware at fault it seems, rather the implemented stack (software).

With that said I am one of the few experiencing none of the above issues with either my BT headset(Nokia BH-600) or my head unit (Clarion). Using both handsfree and wireless stereo options I don't see the slowdowns on the device or the hangup issues.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the tp has software issues that never have been resolved.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.

I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify
Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rebelshadow is keeping up the good workrebelshadow is keeping up the good work

Just a heads up that Calkulin's v1.1 kitchen is now working perfectly with BT and solved the hang up problem. His v1.1 kitchen is now build 21882
Old 11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify
This is fantastic news! Can anyone else confirm that it fixed it with their phone?

Dave
Old 11-29-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Boo. It looks like he took v1.1 down before I got a chance to download it.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: Verizon

csa02221862 is just getting started

Originally I had the BT issues (Verizon TP2 and Jawbone Prime) but after flashing the latest MightyROM all seems well. It now hangs up immediately on first press. Slowly working to add and test the ‘voice’ options.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

It seems most, if not all, of the chefs are using the new stack from the USC ROM dump ... which fixes the problem. So, flash any of the ROMs you want.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2