PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94246)

dodgeboy 11-03-2009 08:19 AM

Re: Is anyone working on a ROM with the MS BT Stack?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1292023)
There is nothing wrong with the BT stack on the TP2, I for one do not have any problems connecting it to my 4 BT devices, As a matter of fact I think its better than the MS version because one it has better options such as save incoming beams to storage card, 2 more user finger-friendly. I remember with my TP running MS BT stack my moto S9 would shutter with the youtube app and watching movies but thats not a problem with the Widcomm stack.

I haven't heard of any problems, Can someone enlighten me

There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.

Boo Boo 11-03-2009 10:12 AM

makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD

krohnjw 11-03-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1293630)
makes you wonder why they couldn't leave it alone. and if this will be the downfall of the tp2 requiring them to replace it with a HD

I can't imagine it will be the "downfall" of a device as a software update using the MS bluetooth stack or an improved HTC BT stack should resolve the issues. It's not the hardware at fault it seems, rather the implemented stack (software).

With that said I am one of the few experiencing none of the above issues with either my BT headset(Nokia BH-600) or my head unit (Clarion). Using both handsfree and wireless stereo options I don't see the slowdowns on the device or the hangup issues.

Boo Boo 11-03-2009 11:45 AM

the tp has software issues that never have been resolved.

JZ* 11-03-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 1293465)
There certainly IS something wrong with this BT stack. I've owned just about every HTC device since the 6600, and this is the only one I've had this much trouble with. Pairing problems, and it is almost impossible for me to hangup a call on either of my two BT devices.

I'm not a BT n00b, and I know how to set it up. This stack simply doesn't behave properly with some devices that work *flawlessly* on the MS BT stack.

I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify :disgust::scratch:

rebelshadow 11-28-2009 04:56 PM

Just a heads up that Calkulin's v1.1 kitchen is now working perfectly with BT and solved the hang up problem. His v1.1 kitchen is now build 21882

dodgeboy 11-28-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZ* (Post 1294023)
I too agree...my BT stack SUCKS! I have many times, thought I was disconnected, only to hear my caller start asking questions...usually, "what did you say?" then the 8 secs hangs them up...and I need to recall to clarify :disgust::scratch:

This is fantastic news! Can anyone else confirm that it fixed it with their phone?

Dave

dodgeboy 11-29-2009 12:56 PM

Boo. It looks like he took v1.1 down before I got a chance to download it.

csa02221862 11-29-2009 01:08 PM

Originally I had the BT issues (Verizon TP2 and Jawbone Prime) but after flashing the latest MightyROM all seems well. It now hangs up immediately on first press. Slowly working to add and test the ‘voice’ options.

meatgel 11-29-2009 01:29 PM

It seems most, if not all, of the chefs are using the new stack from the USC ROM dump ... which fixes the problem. So, flash any of the ROMs you want.