PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Seidio Cases and Holsters? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94222)

kidwolf908 11-02-2009 04:44 PM

Seidio Cases and Holsters?

Has anyone used a Seidio Innocase or holster before?

I wanted to buy a case for my Verizon TP2, but I don't want to add bulk to my phone or cover it all up because I love the way it looks. So now I'm looking more seriously at the Premium Horizontal Holster.

How is the construction?
Quality?
Feel?
Does it turn your screen on (magnet)?

Thanks in advance!

Also, in case you didn't know, they're having a 10% off sale, sitewide, that ends today. Code: HAW10

salad 11-02-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Seidio Cases and Holsters?

nice... thanks for the coupon.

seidio cases/holsters are the shiz

harmakhet 11-02-2009 10:56 PM

I absolutely loved my TP case from Seidio. It was sturdy and fit extremely well. The only complaint was from my particular use of it than a design flaw in that I had to take the back off every day...sometimes twice a day and it wore out the tabs a bit. Still held but not as snug.

As soon as I saw that the one for the TP2 was coming I ordered it and the holster.

It barely added much thickness to mine and was nice for piece of mind in keeping my baby safe. It worked well with a scree protector as well.

zulu 11-03-2009 03:00 AM

I've used their products for my Blackberrys and my wifes blackberrys and they're wonderfully made, highly durable and have excellent fit and finish. Top shelf kit! That being said, this will be my first purchase of their products for a ppc because this is my first ppc in about a decade (I had an MDA years ago).

Protonus 11-03-2009 10:44 PM

I talked to Seido today, the picture of the case on their site is NOT like the final color, it's black like their other black cases are. For some reason that's like a pre-production picture they used that shows it as very gray despite saying it's black. I'm glad since the Verizon tp2 has a black face. Planning on pre-ordering a holster+case+maybe a dock tomorrow.

Highly recommended for their Innocases and matching Holsters. Have one on my old xv6800 and love it. It survived multiple drops on concrete with no damage to the phone and only the last time which was from ear height (I'm 6'1) finally broke 2 of the tabs. It still stays on fine despite that though. The grip is very much like the surface of the back of the TP2 - also like the controller case for the 360 I have from XCM. The holster is very sturdy, very durbable, the locking mechanism is great, the belt clip is great, the screen in design with velvet face is great. Have coworkers with original touchpro cases, and iphone cases, and both are great quality too from what I've seen.

There are a lot of threads/posts on this site about Seidio a search will turn up further fans for sure.

I'm planning on slotting and drilling my battery cover and the innocase when mine comes in, for the sd card and reset button respectively, the thought of removing the case to access either, plus the battery cover sounds really annoying. it's annoying enough now.