PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Apps Save to Storage or Device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94206)

sircas 11-02-2009 04:05 PM

Apps Save to Storage or Device

Where do you store your Apps to the Storage card or Device hard drive.

I am running Wunder Radio (streaming) from my storage card verse the Device. I have had some stability issues.

fishingmedic 11-02-2009 04:34 PM

Re: Apps Save to Storage or Device

I typically install apps like that to my storage card. Just installed wunderradio last night and didn't seem to have problems but didn't use it for a very long time. I also use C-ApiSRO for sirius on a daily basis off of my storage card and never have issues with that.

I was told previously, if it involves the system or UI, install to device, if not, storage typically is ok, i.e. taskbar, slider, etc to the device.

AZTECHKA 11-02-2009 04:43 PM

I go back and forth... If I was to install wunder radio. I would go straight to the device. I feel it would be more stable. That is just an opinion and is not backed by any kind of scientific knowledge or otherwise. But it just makes sense to me.
p.

apristel 11-02-2009 04:45 PM

I install everything to the device. Seems to work for me.

mikejones13 11-02-2009 04:46 PM

95% of everything I install goes to the card. The only stuff I install on device is tweaks, media apps (coreplayer, myplayer, wunder radio) other than that everything else is on my card

ntl555 11-02-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 1290935)
95% of everything I install goes to the card. The only stuff I install on device is tweaks, media apps (coreplayer, myplayer, wunder radio) other than that everything else is on my card

+1 on that!

Usually, if I have problems with apps on the storage card, I just install it on the device. If that doesn't fix the problem, I find another solution.

AZTECHKA 11-02-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1290932)
I install everything to the device. Seems to work for me.

I used to do this too... till I ran out of internal space and could no longer run apps. I hard reset my phone and installed things where I felt they should go. If I need them to be speedy... internal mem. If it's just a basic app... mem. card.
p.

KilgoreBA 11-02-2009 06:28 PM

You should always instal heavily used apps to the storage card. Not only will they be more stable, they will use less battery power when you open them. Stability is all based on how fast your memory card can be read by the device. I would say if you are going to instal programs to your storage card, definetely instal any multimedia applications to the device only like the above poster.

amw1972 11-02-2009 06:49 PM

I beg to differ about the media apps...here's a general idea about how mine are set up...and it has been stable and lag free...

media (Coreplayer, nitrogen, midomi, groovefish)
all installed on SDcard.
games (unless specifically required to be on main memory)
installed on SDcard.
any Navigation/GPS related apps (GPSToday, Sprint Navigation[Telenav])
installed directly on device
any User Interface tweaks, system related apps, operating system related apps (manila tweaks, advanced config, nueTools, etc)
installed directly on device

KilgoreBA 11-02-2009 07:15 PM

I've noticed that media apps are a bit faster loading on the device. I agree with you on having GPS apps and tweaks loaded on the device. Basically, I just instal apps that I heavily use on the device.