PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How snappy is Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94203)

New Daddy 11-02-2009 03:55 PM

How snappy is Touch Pro 2?

I own a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache) that I'm generally satisfied with but that is long overdue for upgrade.
As such, Touch Pro 2 looks like a very strong candidate.
Fancy interface and higher-resolution graphics aside, is Touch Pro 2 much snappier than XV6700?
When you upgrade your computer to one with a CPU with more horse power, sometimes you don't get a lot more speed because the new OS installed in your new PC is such a drag on the system.
I hope I won't face a similar fate when I upgrade from XV6700 to Touch Pro 2.
Thanks.

dmb60614 11-02-2009 03:58 PM

Re: How snappy is Touch Pro 2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Daddy (Post 1290716)
I own a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache) that I'm generally satisfied with but that is long overdue for upgrade.
As such, Touch Pro 2 looks like a very strong candidate.
Fancy interface and higher-resolution graphics aside, is Touch Pro 2 much snappier than XV6700?
When you upgrade your computer to one with a CPU with more horse power, sometimes you don't get a lot more speed because the new OS installed in your new PC is such a drag on the system.
I hope I won't face a similar fate when I upgrade from XV6700 to Touch Pro 2.
Thanks.

i found the stock sprint rom to be pretty snappy. it has good performance relative to the titan/6800. if you find it too slow, you can always ditch the custom htc interface for the regular windows mobile interface but i dont think that is necessary.

sircas 11-02-2009 04:01 PM

It's much faster and snappier! It's like going from a 25" color TV to a 54" Flat Plasma screen.

Night & Day!

You won't look back!!!

railslave 11-02-2009 04:03 PM

snappier then the iphone.....ha

monsoon411 11-02-2009 04:04 PM

How snappy? "Oh damn" snappy, I have had every single windows mobile device from HTC sprint carrier and it is very snappy. You know how you get a phone out of the box and you play around with the options almost run your own stress test. Well out of the box with Sprint's stock rom this phone is amazing. That's why you see alot of threads saying if they should even flash or not. I think at this point with such a high-end phone you would want to flash because your an enthusiast. I personally flash because it's fun-some flash to get the full features of their phone.

So all in all out of the box-very snappy

With mods and custom roms- very snappy + personal pref.:mrgreen:

xconwayx 11-02-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 1290756)
snappier then the iphone.....ha

I will never need to go to the iphone as long as Windows Mobile is around!

fishingmedic 11-02-2009 04:07 PM

I've got my old Apache 6700 sitting at home and a VZW Omnia right next to me and my TP2. I'll take the TP2 anyday. and with the new ROM's there's no comparision IMO to the Apache.