PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RAMDUMP Mode... What does this mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
What do you plan to dump from the phone that we don't already have?
Well, sometimes there are phones which come shipped with a different ROM/Radio than any that HTC/otherwise releases.
In the CDMA TP1, there is, for example, a bell radio which no one has [unless it came stock on the phone and the user didnt flash over it]. Perhaps this could assist us. Sure, I know the radio is written into ROM and this says 'RAM'DUMP but... if i dont ask, who will?
Your welcome
Old 11-04-2009, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Oh I understand, guess i never thought about the radio. I assumed the ram dump was for the OS partion of the phone.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Oh I understand, guess i never thought about the radio. I assumed the ram dump was for the OS partion of the phone.
lol thats what im hoping its not... cuz the TP1 (as far as I know) didnt have this
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

If I am correct, this mode essentially enables another way of flashing from SD. If you place a rom on your SD card and enter into this mode, you should be able to flash from there. Whether there is any other purpose or benefit to this mode, I'm not really sure.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I like you was doing the same thing... I created a post w/ pics and it died rather quick... I did mine long b4 the SPL unlock was out.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...21#post1182121

even then nobody bit.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
What do you plan to dump from the phone that we don't already have?

I'm all for new things, but we really have everything that came on this phone is some other format whether it is in a .cab or OEM.
after reading this i agree(even tho at first i was excited) but this is true whatelse is there to pull from these devices?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was asked to post here - that thing seems a dummy option, sorry

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2